The land beyond the gods

Percy pov.

We landed in front of MOOSE PASS GAS. Celwe was overcome by a fit of giggles.

It's not funny. I'm not going to laugh. Nope. Not even a little.

We trudged along, taking great care to avoid the muskeg. At one point, Celwe stepped in it and I had to pull her out. I noticed my powers dimmed slightly, which was expected.

Eventually, we reached a strange, battered building that appeared to be a bakery. But below it, I knew it was the monster's base.

"That is it?" Asked Jason. 

"Yep." I said, popping the 'p'. 

He raised an eyebrow.

"It is a bakery."

"You want things to make sense, you are in the wrong universe."

I opened the door, which made the typical ding-a-ling-a-ding sound. I didn't sense many life forms, just a few monsters. I figured that they all tried to wag war on camp, and we went to the back of the shop, where a large stair-case was, big enough to fit a giant. 

We literally walked into the base. I impaled a guard telekine, which gave a small squeak. We entered a corridor with hundreds of doors, and I realised we were under Alaska. The base was under the whole things.

"Which door?" Asked Will. I scanned the contents of each room until I found her.

"Room 64." I said. We ran through the corridor, until we reached the room. Jason tried bashing the door down. I watched him try for a full minute, before I pointed out the room was unlocked. Celwe had a good laugh out of that one.

Stuffed in a corner of the dark room was Daisy, bound in ropes with a gag over her mouth. I quickly cut the ropes and freed her.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked kindly. Daisy nodded, before bursting into tears.

"I thought no one would come!" She sobbed. "You came for me!"

I looked her directly in the eye. "We will always come for you." I said. She grinned, tears still streaming down her face. We opened the door again, but something was wrong. We stepped into the corridor, and all the doors seemed to mix with each other, the numbers changing.

"Dam it." I gritted my teeth. "I knew there would be some sort of trap."