The battle

The campers, hunters, gods and the Chaos army stood side-by-side on the hill which Thalia's pine tree was on. They were waiting for Gaia and Kronos to show up. And show up they did.

Percy pov.

To say I was nervous was an understatement. Sure, we had survived much worse, but this time it was the campers that were in trouble. As much as I hated it, I still cared about their wellbeing (except, perhaps, Annabeth) 

Eventually, we saw a massive monster army, being lead by Kronos and Gaia themselves. I spread my wings and drew my sword.

"Archers, fire!" I yelled. Immediately, the Apollo cabin and most of the hunters that stood near the back let off a variety of arrows that ranged from greek fire to fart arrows. Hadley began shooting random monsters in the army with Chaos silver arrows (vaporise anything they touch), her hands moving at incredible speed. Nira took Imperial gold throwing knives and tossed them at Kronos, who yelled in pain when they hit him. His eyes glowed golden.

"Guys!" I yelled. "Let's, um, fight stuff!"

I was vaguely aware of what my friends were doing in the battle. Celwe and Ella fought back to back near me, slashing at anything that came near them. Nico was using his powers to turn monsters to dust. Ferros and Era were in Thalia's tree playing sniper, Nira was shining beams of light into the monster's eyes, which turned them to dust, Hadley was shining beams into the eyes of monster, turning them to dust. Kai was running around helping the fallen campers, and giving aid to campers that were losing battles. The gods and the seven were battling Gaia, who, I was annoyed to see, had gotten stronger. I saw Jason fall the ground, a nasty, deep cut on his back. That infuriated me, as much as I hated it.

i was battling Kronos. I could see fallen campers in the corner of my eyes, and that made me more furious. I saw Nico zap the last monster to Tartarus, and the remaining monsters fled. It was just us, Kronos and Gaia.

"NOW!" I yelled. Chaos appeared and summoned a portal, directly under the feet of Kronos and Gaia. They both screamed and fell into the Void. Chaos quickly closed the portal before it did any damage to Earth; black tendrils of darkness had already killed the grass within ten metres of us.

 "Is it over?" Panted Celwe. As if on cue, a dark shape appeared on the horizon. Chaos looked to it.

"No, I don't think it is." He said.

Orion bounded up to us, a grin on his face.

"Orion." Reyna gritted her teeth. "I see you've returned."

Orion laughed.

"Indeed. And with Kronos and Gaia in the void, we have a new leader, the giant Porphyrion." He said. "Anyway, I've come to send you a message. A cyclops managed to capture a hostage." He grinned.

"And he says, hand over Jackson, or the girl dies."

Orion smiled. "Have any of you noticed a daughter of Demeter is missing?" 

Guess who it is! (Not Ella)