Lies & Pools

"We're back!" I shouted to throughout the house to most likely no one because everyone tended to leave the house often, finding adventures and new friends to pass the days by. I placed the car keys on a mounted key holder by the front door. "You can go set your stuff in my room. I'm gonna find my mom."

Ashton dipped his head and started to the bedroom.

"Talia, I'm watching TV in the living room!" I heard my mom's voice call.

I treaded to the room to see her flipping through channels. Xander was engrossed in his phone, probably texting Sofia or trying to perfect the aesthetic of his Instagram so it said he was a lot cooler and a lot deeper than he was in real life. Therefore, disappointing anyone and everyone that he met in person from the social media account.

"Where did you two end up going?" Mom didn't once tear her eyes from the television screen.

I set my purse on the coffee table and took a seat next to my mom. "The mall."

"Fun?"

"It looks like she had fun." Xander scoffed, handing me his phone.

5SOS drummer, Ashton Irwin was spotted getting cozy with a mystery girl at a local Malibu mall!

We don't have any deets on the girl just yet, but we can sure say Ashton is smitten with her! Look at the pair dancing!

Eye witnesses say the two were in happy spirits as they sipped smoothies and they were giggling away at nonsense.

We'll keep you readers updated once we figure out who Ashton's stylish sweetheart is!!

Perez Hilton

Attached to the article were several pictures of myself and Ashton. These people were like ninjas when it came to snapping photos, writing a quick article, and spreading the photos. Did these people have nothing better to do? And stylish? How was a simple pair of black pants and a black sweater deemed stylish? It was tolerable at best, but I didn't deserve any awards or attention for such an outfit.

"No one believes this crap." I handed the phone back to Xander. "It's Perez Hilton. He's a psycho. His overuse of exclamation marks in formal terms of writing clearly states psycho."

"Tons of people are already believing it, T. This article is all I see on Facebook and Twitter. You're trending worldwide at number 5 on Twitter too."

"Tons of people are already believing what?" Ashton appeared, giving a concerned grin. I could tell it was slightly forced because the corners of his lips twitched as he tried to keep his bottom lip from trembling with fear. Maybe even sadness.

Xander looked to me for permission to show Ashton his phone. In return I shrugged, and I sighed. "Go ahead."

We sat in silence while Ashton took in the article and scrolled through my trending name on Twitter to see what people were saying. I couldn't imagine a lot of good things being said about me. If they could tear apart Luke in a second being his fans, I didn't want to know what dirt they were pouring on my name.

"I'm sorry..." Ashton handed the phone back and began rubbing his temples. "I don't know what else I can say right now...I'll make it up to you." His nostrils flared out as he blew hot air from them. "I'll do anything you want. You can kick my ass, make me cry, whatever you want."

"I'm not too worried." A lie. I was beginning to feel my body sweat and the butterflies form in my stomach. Two sure signs anxiety was starting to get the best of me, but I wasn't going to let it show. Maybe this situation was what I needed to allow myself to grow a thicker skin. After all, I needed to learn how to survive in the real world. I just doubted the land of Hollywood was even close to the real world.