Dick

I couldn't move even if I wanted to, so Xander had nothing to worry about. I would be glued to spot I stood in until he showed up. On a scale from one to ten, things were feeling like a strong fifty up to today when things went back down to that solid one, I had lived in for five to six years. I went down as rapidly as I went up, only this time the fall was a longer way down.

My thoughts were starting to eat away at me again. The only thing keeping me from losing my mind was the thought of the cigarettes I had waiting for me in a drawer. The thought of nicotine temporarily masking my problems made me feel better.

"Talia?" The familiar green eyes and brown hair honestly made me shudder.

"Go away, Dick." I instantly wiped away any signs that I was upset Wasn't he supposed to be away at college? What time of the year was it? I didn't know anymore.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me with concern, taking tentative steps closer to me.

"Nothing is wrong."

"No one stands outside the mall with mascara running down their face and," He took a whiff of my scent. "smelling like they swam in a pool of beer."

"I'm a trend setter, what can I say?" I forced a smile.

"Are you drunk?!" He said as if he was surprised. "It's only noon, T!"

"I'm not drunk."

"Then?"

"It's not important."

"When the person you love is going through something, it's important."

No.

"Don't start with that." I backed away. "Don't."

After I broke up with him, he always tried to manipulate me with some bullshit remark. Something he had seen in a Netflix movie that ended poorly.

"Can you mind your own business, please?" I was getting annoyed now. I wasn't even sad at this point. Leave it to Dick to make me want to rip my own eyes out.

"I don't know what happened to you over the course of a year or so, I don't think I'll ever understand what you're going through, but whatever it is, I hope you get the fuck over it and yourself."

He was playing stupid. He knew exactly what happened to me. He happened to me.

Xander was finally here. I hopped in the car immediately. I didn't share a glance or goodbye with Dick.

-

310-957-8643: i apologize for earlier.

me: not sure who this is but okay...

310-957-8643: richard
310-957-8643: dick...

me: oh. how did you get my number?

block later: i was at christopher's earlier and he gave it to me. i hope that's okay.

Christopher was a mutual friend that Dick, Luke, and I had Christopher could be bribed into anything, so he wasn't exactly one to trust.

me: do you really think it's okay?

block later: well yeah...

me: Lol

block later: are you okay now? what was upsetting you?

me: miscommunications and a beer shower.

block later: sounds like a lovely combination if you ask me

me: figures

block later: shapes