Luke Apologizes

"Okay, take the cookie dough away from me..." Xander groaned with a hand atop his full stomach and the other holding a bag of chocolate chip cookie dough as he lied sprawled out on his bed. "I feel like I'm about to explode."

I felt on the verge of barfing my organs out.

"Maybe bingeing was a bad idea." No kidding Xander.

"I would have settled for solely your company." I rolled over on my side, instantly regretting that as I could feel the eaten contents shuffling around inside my stomach.

"Now that I think about it, that would have been a much better idea than being unable to move from my bed." Xander tried to sit himself up but failed greatly.

I tapped my fingers against the mattress to the beat of the music playing. Xander put on a top 40 radio station and I thought I had heard every song at least twice in the past hour. Of course, we skipped 5SOS when they came on. "How are you and Sofia?"

"We're great." Xander sighed. "I love her a lot. Can I say something outrageous?"

"Outrageous is what I live for."

"She's the one, T." Maybe he was just joking around. I mean, he was Xander. That was what Xander did; he joked around and that was why no one took him seriously. "I'm going to ask her to marry me soon." Okay, he was definitely pulling my leg or he was overdosed on cookie dough and it was causing him to say insane things.

"You haven't even been together for a year..." I could protest against this, right? It would be a logical thing to do. Someone had to have logic, if it wasn't Xander, then it would have to be me. I could talk some sense into him, have him wait it out for a few more months.

"Yeah, but I feel like this is right, this is perfect and I'm not letting her go. I could see myself growing old with her in a cute home." His lips pulled up into a blushing smile - or I at least thought he was blushing. It was always hard to tell the difference between his natural rosy cheeks and him blushing. People in middle school used to believe he wore make-up because his cheeks were rosy and his eyelashes were really thick, appearing as he was wearing mascara.

"Talia?" Dad walked into the room. "You have a visitor."

"I can't move, please tell them to come back in a month when I fully digest the junk I've eaten." I couldn't move but I was thankful my Dad interrupted this conversation because I did not want to live vicariously through Xander and Sofia's happiness at this second.

"They want to speak with you, now." He began looking through Xander's collection of CD's.

"Okay..."

"If it's Ashton, make sure to throw in a nice round of make up sex." Xander nudged me lightly before I slowly lifted myself from the bed. I rolled my eyes at the comment. Normally, I'd feel embarrassed towards Xander saying something like in front of my Dad but it didn't bug me anymore. I was immune.

"They're in the hallway..." Dad pointed out behind him, staring at the back of a CD case. I heard him ask a question about Nirvana as I was leaving the room.

The familiar tall blond quiff stood in front of me with open arms and his bottom lip between his teeth. This was very unexpected. My mind was racing through every possible thing that I could say wrong and he would regret coming over for whatever reason he came over for. But, I was taking his joyful exterior as a green light that things were okay...The fact that he even showed up was a huge sign that things were okay.

"Life is lonely without you, Kozma." Luke smiled into the awkward hug. It was one of those lame, one-armed hugs you shared with someone and were very unsatisfied with afterwards.