The Concert

August 5, 2014

I decided to take Jet along to the show with me tonight. I originally planned to ask Sofia, but she was just here not too long ago and I didn't want to bother her with flights and tearing her away from Xander while they were stressing over wedding details. With the wedding about four months away, avoiding them would be the best thing to do, so I did not feel like I was in the way or feel as I was getting overwhelmed. I had been there once before and it was not something I'd like to go through again.

Jet and I sat in my living room, awaiting the arrival of Ashton and Luke. Ashton was keen on picking me up himself, but I wanted to see Luke as well and didn't want Jet to feel like the awkward third wheel. Ashton hired this driver from the venue they were performing at to drive him and Luke to pick us up.

"I went from 141 followers to almost 1000 over night, just because you followed me back." Jet was scrolling through her Instagram home page, double tapping her screen when she saw something she liked - which was everything. She was really addicted to all things social media. Her phone vibrated at least one hundred times an hour because her apps were giving her notifications. She tried to sweet-talk me into making a Facebook and Snapchat, but I declined. According to a text from Calum, I had a person pretending to be me on Twitter now. "I set my account to private because I'm literally terrified."

"I'd set mine on private, but I don't want anyone to think I have something to hide." I said in response to Jet as I walked to answer the knock on the door. "Dick..."

"Hey Booger," His arms were crossed over his chest. "Can I borrow a cup of sugar?"

"Is this the part where I'm supposed to drop to my knees and give you a blow job, or...?" I asked in a dull tone.

"No!" Dick exclaimed. "I'm re-making your 'welcome to the building' pie... since I ruined it." If his pie making skills were quick, I could take the pie to the venue and share it with everyone because I was such a good person.

"Uh, Jet, can you check in the cupboard by the fridge and see if I have any sugar?" Maybe I was a tad bit embarrassed Jet had to hear the nickname, so I ran her off to find the sugar. I was hoping I didn't have sugar at the same time I was hoping I did, so I could have pie. It was that time of the month and now all I could think about was pie. Pie and crying are actually my only thoughts as I wait for these painkillers to ease my cramps.

"Are you heading out?"

"Yup." I nodded, looking over my shoulder for Jet to save the day with the sugar.

"May I ask where?" I was sure he wouldn't follow me if I told him where I was going. No harm would be caused.

"I'm going to a concert in Jersey..."

"Ah, that One Direction concert, I'm guessing?" Xander had money on Dick being a directioner. There was a time he saw Dick at a stoplight belting a One Direction tune at the top of his lungs in the car. I wish he'd gotten video proof.

"Something like that."

"This was all I could find." The bag of sugar was less than half empty and I hadn't even used a lot of sugar recently. Unless Ashton got into the bag - that could explain why he was always so hyper.

"That'll work." Dick took the bag from Jet. "I'll see you Booger, and...?"

"Jet." Jet leaned against the doorway.

"Jet...Have a good time at the concert." As I was closing the door, Dick decided he wasn't done with us just yet. "Wait, actually, here's thirty bucks...buy me something, please?" He winked. "My favorite's Harry." As he walked away he sang the chorus of What Makes You Beautiful and I might've slightly cackled at that.