4. Meeting Him Again

💜Jessica's Pov💜

Well, tonight has been pretty rough. Both me and Aaron have been sitting in the waiting room for an hour and a half waiting for the results of Zach's chin. It's sucky but oh well.

That's when I saw him. That's when I saw Jones. As a matter of fact, I saw Mason Jones with his head in his hands. He was sitting on the ground. Mason Jones is in the hall of the hospital with his hands on his head. How does that make sense?

"Jessica Smith."

Mason shot his head straight up and found me. His eyes landed on mine. I got out of my seat and walked to the person who called me.

"Hello. I'm Jessica. Zachary's Mom."

"Nice to meet you. Come right this way."

As I walked passed Mason with Aaron behind me I felt something in the air tense up. There is something going on here and I just can't put my finger on it.

We walked into the room that Zach was being held in. He was having a blast for a little two year old who cracked his chin open.

"When can we take him home?"

"Right now. You just have to come in two weeks to get the stitches out. That means he can not get his chin wet either."

"Thank you so much."

The doctors went to grab the papers and then I sent Aaron to go get coffee. That's when I went outside and let Mason inside the room. Aaron is going to kill me but this is Mason's son. He deserves to see him.

"What happened?"

"He just tripped and hit his chin on the concrete stairs at Benny's house."

"They really need new stairs."

That's the first time I noticed it. He cares deeply for his son. He is scared that Zach will get hurt because of the stairs. Or even hurt as a matter of fact.

"Yes yes, they do."

"And they have their own daughter. Ugh, life is just the worst."

"Why is it bad that they have kids or not. You have one too."

Aaron texted me and said the coffee machine was out of coffee and he has to run to work.

"Why are you here."

"A gang fight with some other rival gang."

"Which one."

"Those amazing daggers."

"How come you won't tell me who the leader is."

"Because I just haven't found the right time yet."

"And that moment is when exactly?"

"Now I guess. You're going to hate him but oh well. He doesn't know that you're involved with us."

"Really. The tattoo I got wasn't enough for people to back off."

He chuckled and smirked at the comment. The doctor then came back into the room

"Oh, Mr. Cobra. I wasn't expecting you in here."

"Sorry, Jess is one of my old friends."

He then smirked and walked out of the room.

The doctor gave me the papers and I signed them. Zach can now go home. Finally.

I walked out of the room as they got Zach ready. I'm not a huge fan of it though. I mean I am his mother. You can't just shove us off somewhere while you take care of our children. Mason grabbed his jacket and both Zachary's and mine.

"Are you ready to know about the gang leader?"

"What about after we get Zach out of here."

"Sure. At my spot."

"Fine."

"Jessica Smith."

"Here."

I walked away from Mason and went towards the nurse who brought out Zachary. Oh, thank god he is okay.

"He should be all set."

"Thank you."

The nurse then turned towards Zach.

"Be careful little Superman."

"Okay."