16. Mystery Work

Jessica's POV

I open my eyes and look around the really bright white room. I spot Zachary laying on the floor sleeping. Odd spot for him. He actually had a pillow under his head and a small blanket that my mom gave him when he was born.

I spotted Mason sleeping in a chair.

THE TWINS!!!!!

I started to have a panic attack. I was silently started to cry. After a few minutes, I really had to pee.

"Mason," I whispered.

I really don't want to wake up Zach. He would flip.

"Mason," I whispered louder.

He moved to get comfier in his chair. It's kinda cute. I don't know why I would think that way. I mean seriously. He freakin cheated on me.

"Mason!" I shouted whispered I guess.

Zach rolled around on the floor. I looked back up at Mason. I hope I don't have to get up. What even happened? I mean I feel a pain in my stomach. I just hope I didn't lose the twins.

Mason slowly started to wake up after a while. I just rolled my eyes after his bright blue ones met mine.

"What?"

"I've been calling your name for the past half an hour."

"About what?"

"Are... the twins?"

"The doctor said they are fine."

"Oh thank god."

He smiled softly. He then looked down at little Zach who has a habit of sucking his thumb. Mason walked over to him and picked him up. We have a three-year-old son. I must say it's crazy. To say that out loud would be even weirder.

After the discharge papers, we left and went back to the home. I had to pick up the blood from the kitchen floor. I mean it still hurts and I have some limitations but not many because there wasn't really any internal damage. I found the bag and put it in the back of my car and buried it at the cemetery with Zach and Mason.

We went back to the house and that's when Zach went down for his midday nap.

"I hope you know Sugar, I'm so madly in love with you too."

I smile. I look down to the ground and giggle.

"What?"

"You actually heard."

"Yes, I did."

He smiled. It's probably the first time that Mr. Jones has ever said he loved me. It makes me feel good.

"Mason-"

"Shh."

He smirked and put his hand lightly on my stomach. He is acknowledging that the twins are there.

Oh no. I'm about to get sick. I take a step back and throw up.

"Shit. Jess, are you okay?"

I take a minute to relax and then move to the couch.

"Yeah. I'm fine probably morning sickness or something like that."

"Did that happen with Zach?"

"Yeah, all the time. It got pretty bad with him actually."

"I'm sorry."

"About?"

"Not being there."

"Mason, I understand."