15. Let's Go Sword Fighting

Jessica's POV

Zach was in the car seat of Mason's car and I'm in the front passenger seat. I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt that we bought in DC. We are traveling the United States currently but I could care less. I want to go back to my home and set up a nice bedroom for the twins. I miss being able to do that. I'm twenty weeks pregnant I want to do all that amazing motherly stuff.

"We need a house." I blurted out.

"What?" Mason asked.

"We...need...a...house," I said slowly so he understood.

I looked out the window waiting for a reply. I watch as the area around us changes to great planes from trees covering every inch. It happened slowly. We went over a bridge and parked at the closest hotel for the night.

"Why do you want a house?"

"I need a place to actually settle down for the twins. I can't take three kids all over the country without settling down."

"I understand."

"Thank you."

"How about a house in Paris or Ireland."

"Not even close to where I imagined but I guess."

He got out of the car and I did the same. I looked around and instantly turned my attention to Zach as he started to cry. Mason can handle him. Stop being so protective of him. I turned away and started texting Abby.

The crying didn't stop. I turned around and saw as Mason was being taken by the police.

"Please let me go. I'm not the one you're looking for." He pleaded.

My breath just picked up and my heart was racing. They fin-finally have him. They have the most dangerous man in the world. He never killed someone. Great our gang is Leaderless.

"Jessica Smith?" The policeman asked.

"Yeah."

"You're under arrest for being part of a murder in Paris."

"What are you talking about?"

He never answered me. I just watched as the picked up my son. Zach was staring at me and his father being taken away. Aaron did this. He is trying to take my son away. He wants Mason and I to suffer. He fucking did this. This is his fault. I couldn't talk to Zach. All I could do was watch the policemen play with him and try to calm him down. The cuffs were put on my wrists and I was put in the cop car that Mason was in.

"Mason-"

"Be quiet." Shouted the police officer.

I closed my eyes. The twins were having a fit. They just kicked my bladder. I put my hands in fists. I don't understand. I didn't do anything. Sure I'm part of the gang but I didn't do shit. We have not planned a murder we haven't really done anything that illegal. I don't get it. We got drove to the police station and cuffed to the chair.

"Uncuff them immediately." Said the chief of police.

"Yes, sir."

They uncuffed us and Zach was brought out. He was holding a female policeman's hand. He let go and came running to me. I picked him up and placed him on my lap.

"May I ask something?" I asked

"Yeah. Anything."

"What is going on?"

"You're Jessica Smith and he is Mason Jones."

"Yeah," I said.

"We are here to protect you."