17. Terrible Twos

Jessica's POV

I wake up and I get out of bed. I walk out of my bedroom and go to the kitchen, where Mason is cooking breakfast.

"Well good morning princess."

"You too."

"So, we have a few more weeks here than expected."

"Why?"

"Just got a case."

"I thought you already told me you had a case."

"Well, we just got a homicide case called in. We got to solve the murder."

"Oh."

"Well, I made you some french toast. Hopefully, you enjoy."

"Of course I will."

I smile and he gets ready for work. Don't get to see Mason for another day. Yeah. I sigh and Zach comes running butt naked from the bedroom.

"Zach!"

He giggles and runs into the kitchen. Mason walks out of the room and shrugs. I roll my eyes and pick up Zach.

"Come on let's go get some clothes."

"No!"

He started kicking his feet and screaming. Mason rushed over and took him from me.

"Let him run around."

"Not until he is dressed. What happens when he does this when he is older?"

"What do you mean?"

"I need to break this habit early so he doesn't do it when he is like ten and hitting puberty."

"Fine. Here you go."

He gave me back my son and I walked into his bedroom. I close the door behind me and locked it. I set Zach down and he immediately ran to the door. I sigh and walk over to his closet. I pull out a white long sleeve shirt and some jean overalls. I pulled out a pull-up and walked over to him. He sat down and started to throw a tantrum.

Zach was banging his fists into the ground and kicking his feet. He was screaming loudly and I just picked him up. I put his left leg through the pull-up and he kicked it off.

"Zach, do you need to go into time out."

"No. No. I be good."

"Then let me put on your clothes."

"NOOOOO!"

He ran around his room and I caught him. I picked him up and he yet again started to kick and scream. I struggled to put on his pull-up. I then bring him out and set him in the time out chair. He started to cry.

"No. I want to go."

He got up and ran until Mason came out and pick him up.

"Save me."

"No. You have to stay in time out buddy."

"No."

His eyes filled with tears and he began to scream again.

"What is going on buddy? Are you feeling okay?"

"Down. Down." Zach said while reaching for the floor.

"Do you want me to take the day off?" Mason asked

"No, no I got it."

"Jess."

"I'm sure. This isn't the first time he has acted out. He does it all the time."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Something with the age."