23. Three Months Later

Jessica's Pov

I wake up to Zach kicking me in the back. He's been having really bad nightmares so Mason and I have allowed him to sleep in our bed. I can only imagine what he had gone through.

I get out of bed and check on the twins. They have gotten so big. The girls are five months old. I can't believe it. They are so cute too. Jasmine started to crawl. I can't believe I have a mobile daughter. Maya is frustrated with the fact that she can't move like Jassy.

Two Hours Later

I'm at work giving some older looking man a drink. I got a text from Mason. He is with the girls for the day. Zach is also with him.

He is so cute and kind of a cheesy person

He is so cute and kind of a cheesy person. I love this guy. I smiled at the new customer at the bar. Charlotte took his order. I wiped down some tables and the bar itself. Man, I'm just doing busywork. This is why I hate the morning shift. There is nobody here. Of course, at three o'clock there is going to be a private event for a twenty-one year old's birthday. New drink to the community. Hopefully not going to become an alcoholic. We wouldn't want that to happen.

4 O'clock

"Bye guys. I'm going home. I hope you enjoy the rest of the event."

"Thanks but I doubt it," Megan said.

I smiled as I grabbed my bag and my phone. I went out to the car and noticed that I had slashed tires. I hate this part of town. I called Mason.

"Hey, ice cream... Can you pick me up?"

"Again? You have to get a new job. I can't have you working there if every time I get you new tires some stupid teenagers come and slash them."

"Maybe I'll go for an interview."

"Please."

"Okay."

"I'll be there in a little bit. I love you."

"I love you too."

He hung up and I unlocked my car. This stupid neighborhood. I hate it here. I would love to allow my children to live in Chicago with my parents. Aaron is in jail. Mason is still not arrested and we are here. One happy family with a set of twins and Zach. Ten minutes later Mason showed up in the Dodge Cornet 1969. He smiled as he spotted my eyes.

"I want to go back to Chicago."

He just rolled his eyes. What is his problem? He was so happy this morning.

"Are you okay?"

"You're asking for a lot. Reminds me of Paris almost three years ago."

"Sorry."

I looked down. Sometimes I wish he would actually talk to me.

"Why do you want to go back?"

"We aren't from here. Plus I grew up there. My mom got to go back."