22. Bullet Wounds

Jessica's POV

I'm putting the girls to sleep as Mason comes home.

"Where have you been?"

"Nowhere important. Just hanging out with the gang. I mean just because I have kids now doesn't mean I can't stop being their leader."

"You have a point. Well, I hope it was worth it. Did you get a lot of work done?"

"Yea. I worked up a new schedule. I feel bad for having Ryan always working the night shift."

"See, you aren't that bad of a person."

I see his eyes flash something. It went away and I just smiled. Man, this guy is gonna drive me insane.

"I hope you know Jess, I'm so happy I met you."

"And impregnated me. Twice."

"That too."

He smirked. Nice to know he still gets a little cocky with himself. He looked at me and I just smiled as his eyes stopped at my eyes. He was just happy. That makes me happy. I love this man with all of my heart. I can't even begin to express myself. There is just too much I would love to say. I am madly in love with this man.

"Jess?"

"Yeah?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"You. Of course. What else would I be thinking about?"

"No clue."

He smirked and went over to Zach who was playing with a new LEGO set made for younger kids. I laugh as he scares Zach and just picks him up. Zach screams as he goes upside down. A normal family. It's perfect. I enjoy this. He sets Zach down and starts chasing him through the house.

"Zachary!! Time for your footy pjs!"

"NOOOO! I want to play with daddy."

Mace looks at me with the pleading look. I sigh and nod my head.

"Fine. Ten more minutes. Then it's bed time."

Zach showed a very excited smile and I could help but sit down on the couch. Ryan comes up and sits next to me.

"You built yourself a great life. Which is crazy because I'm having a very hard time adjusting to this."

"To what exactly?"

"To being in a gang. I'm not really accustomed to it. I grew up in a house hole that respected the law."

"That's why you joined the police."

"Of course. I also really enjoying getting to know you guys though. It is crazy that just because I met Mason my life has changed."

"I feel the same way. He got me pregnant when I was only seventeen. My life turned upside down. I have nothing to say except that I'm truly happy where I am today."

He smiled and got up. He put on his shoes and said good bye. Time for him to go to work. Zach runs up to me and smiled.

"Footy pjs!"

"Let's go get them."

I smiled as we are walking to his room. Mason follows just behind us. There was a knock on the front door and Mason went to go get it.

I heard a gun shot and shoved Zach into his closet.

"Stay here. Do not move. We are playing a game of hide and hide."

"Hide and hide?"

"Yes. It is stay hidden as long as you possibly can."

I closed the door to the closet and walked slowly out of his room. I went to the twins and locked their door. I turned my back for a moment and then somebody had a gun to my back.