19. Return Of The Dead Hope

Jessica's POV

One Month Later

I'm laying on the big empty bed. I wish Mason was here. I miss him. I miss him a lot. I really do. I can't stand being away from him right now.

"Hey, Jess! I think you want to come see this." Yelled Ryan.

Ryan is still living with us only because he still can't go back home. The gangs are going to eat him up for working with Mason. So, odd fact but we have a new gang member and he has done some drug deals so it isn't all bad. He quit the law force and came to us.

I walked into the leaving room and he was watching tv. I sat beside him and just watched the screen.

"We have news on the search of Mason Jones. Mason Jones is no longer wanted. For a matter of fact, the FBI actually found him but shortly after he was released due to his very powerful lawyer in Chicago."

Does this mean?

"Jess, do you finally get to see him again?"

"I don't know."

I slightly smiled to myself. I possibly get to see him again. I'm so happy and I'm kinda nervous, to be honest. I haven't seen him in over a month.

I walked back into my room and just smiled to myself. I looked at the bed that will be filled again. The only thing is the cop that has been after him this whole time is in this city so I don't actually know if he is coming back.

"Mommy!"

"In here Zach."

"Is daddy come home?"

"Zach it's coming home."

"Is daddy coming home?"

"Yes. I think."

He started to jump up and down.

"I miss daddy."

"So do I."

I rubbed his head and we went to go and play in the living room. There was a knock on the door and I got up to answer it. There was just a tan envelope sitting on the front porch. I grabbed it and it was labeled Jessica Smith the girl of Mason Jones. Um, that's odd. I opened it up and there was a letter with some pretty bad things written on it. I got a death threat if Mason comes back home then they will kill me. It's kinda scary.

"Jess, what is it?" Asked Ryan.

"Nothing. Ding Dong Ditch that's all."

I came inside and put the envelope in my room. I feel bad for lying to him but I don't want everyone to get worried about something stupid.

"Um... I have to go to work so I'll see you later."

I just started my job a few weeks ago because I really needed a job anyway. I work at a bar as a bartender no big deal really. All you have to wear is something slightly revealing and work. Perfect opportunity to just meet a random stranger and make them join the gang. Pry on people in tough spots. One big rule of being in a gang, Get as many recruits as possible. I mean we have a war right now. I guess you could call it the Gang Wars.

I walked into the office of the bar and dropped off my purse. I sighed and got to work.

"Another!"

I poured a third drink for the guy just sitting at the bar. Poor guy. Wonder what he went through.

I rolled my eyes as my coworker comes in late for the third day in a row. This guy needs to stop slaking.