Hit The Lights

Lou slid one of my old CD's into my old CD player, he switched it on and the old, yet familiar sound of Selena Gomez's voice started to fill my old bedroom. I checked the back of my CD for the songs I had liked as a kid, when I found which number my favourite song was I made sure to change the song on the player.

"I used to sing this in my bedroom with the door closed, and a hairbrush for a microphone." I admitted as the song started playing, I was curious to see if I'd remember the words.

Selena:It's the boy you never told 'I like you'
It's the girl you let get away
It's the one you saw that day on the train
But you freaked out and walked away

Me: It's the plane you wanna catch to Vegas
Things you swear you'd do before you die
it's the city of love that waits for you
but you're too damn scared to fly

I looked at Lou who was intrigued by my singing voice, I never sang in front of him or any of the boys I didn't want to be judged by One Direction on something they did best. He was smiling so I kept on singing. As soon as the chorus began I started dancing, which would have been absolutely hilarious to watch a big pregnant lady getting excited over a Selena Gomez song.

Chorus:Hit the lights
let the music move you
lose yourself tonight
Come alive
Let the moment take you
Lose control tonight

When the song had finished, Lou took the disc out of the player and rambled through my other CD's, I have no idea why my parents had kept all of my old things, maybe they didn't want to let go of my memories.

"What are you looking for?" I asked him, he seemed to know exactly what he was looking for, I just hoped he wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't have that particular disc he wanted.

"Uhuh"he shouted excitedly, reaching all the way to the back of my CD rack, I finally had a glimpse of what he had found, the Up all Night CD.

"Uh you don't need to listen to that" I blurted out too quickly, he already had the case in his hands, he inspected the outside cover, before looking up at me confused.

"Why not?"

"You've heard and sang it a million times"

He finally noticed the five familiar autographs scrawled on the cover page.

"You went to a signing?" he asked me, a surprised grin was moving quickly onto his face.

"Yeah so?" I snapped, he looked shocked but opened the case anyway, I watched him through my squinted eyes a photograph fell out onto the floor, he reached to pick it up a laugh escaped his lips when he saw what the picture was of.

"We've met before" he asked me, holding up the photo of me with the band, back when I was 16. A groan left my mouth before I could stop it.

"Can you stop staring at that darn picture, I look hideous" I begged him to give me the photo.

"You do not, I can't believe I don't remember this" he marvelled.

"You've signed thousands of autographs in hundreds of countries, why would you remember this one?"

"I thought I would at least remember the face of my future wife" he seemed upset for his lack of memory.