Girl and the Elders

"Stupid council and their stupid laws. Stupid wolves and their stupid alpha. Stupid rogues not knowing when to stop. Stupid tradition and this stupid gown." I murmured to myself as I am walking along the corridor while dragging my sleeveless red gown. I don't need to give much details to what I am wearing since it is not important. What's important to me at the moment is surviving the council meeting.

The council is made up of three elder wolves who has lived long enough to see the kingdom rise and fall. No, they are not lycans. They have been blessed by the Moon Goddess a longer life unlike normal werewolves. But unlike us werewolves and lycans, and half-lycans, the elders of the council don't have mates. I wished the Moon Goddess also gave me that longer life but no, I need to suck it up and have a King to rule the kingdom with.

I am summoned by the council because of a law which abides not to proclaim a wolf alpha unless they have agreed to it. It's one of the three laws that a queen must follow and here I am, breaking one.

I stopped when I approached the tall golden door. This is the room where the meeting should be held and I feel kind of special because the council traveled a long way just to get here and scold me.

"Yay. I'm so excited for my punishment." I sarcastically said before knocking on the door. It opened with the help of my guards from the inside and in front of me are the three elders with their hands crossed on their chests. I am prepared for the scolding so let's get this party started. I held up my breath and released it before walking towards them and stopped when I am near them.

"Queen Feia, what you did was truly unacceptable to us elders. The law is made so that one one can abuse the power of the wolves' position." Elder Sans said to me. His tattoo is shown beautifully on the left side of his neck. It's a beautiful crescent moon. The tattoo that symbolizes the Goddess' longer life to one.

"Even if you are a Queen. You must not walk around proclaiming someone as an Alpha." Elder Natasha said. Her tattoo is on the back of her right hand. She's the elder whom my grandfather used to tell. Unfortunately, she's from my pack, my kingdom, the White Meadow.

The White Meadow is a kingdom for lycans. That's what my father used to say. Long ago, when werewolves are still weak and are scattered everywhere and wars are common, one of the lycans proposed to unite all wolves and made into packs so that there would be no further war. Each packs are given equal lands and equal pack members. The wolves agreed to this and claim every territory. As gratitude, the wolves has made the lycans their kings and queens. And since the meadow in the center of the country is not yet claimed, this is where the King of lycans made the kingdom. Snapping from my thoughts, I stared back at the elder with my eyes wide.

"With all due respect, Elder Tasha. But what I did was not against the law! I cannot just let the Crimson Heights go without an alpha." I defended myself. The elders each let out a sigh and look at each other.

"And speaking of alpha, killing Alpha Marcus is also against the law. He did not broke any rules and killing him means you broke another law." Elder Jade said and the two just nodded.

"What?! But he was trespassing another land and he was threatening me! For Goddess' sake, I was just defending myself and my people." I said pouting to them like a 14 year old.

"Grow up, Feia. You're already 21. Act like your age for once." Elder Natasha said as she released a sigh and massages her temple.

"Fine. I'll act like my age and accept any punishment. It's not my fault that I cannot control my inner wolf." I said raising both my hands in the air.

"Don't blame this on your wolf, Feia. You are the one making the decisions, not him." Elder Sans said.

"I was. Until Alpha Marcus provoked my wolf and I cannot control Kun when I'm in wolf form. You know the reason why I don't want anyone to anger me and my wolf." I said looking down at the polished marble tiles.

"This is why she needs to find her mate soon." I heard Elder Natasha whispered to the others. I can lead and rule without a mate. Mates are just troubles waiting to be find. I have been living my 21 years of life without a mate, surely I can survive another 10 years without one. I was dragged out of my thoughts when Elder Sans sigh and looked at Elder Jade.

"Let's just give her the punishment she deserves. We can let the alpha proclaimation go since Alpha Jacob is Marcus' son. We can just send a letter to every alpha about the news." Elder Jade said and the two just nodded.

"Or we can let Feia prepare the Full Moon Ball this month." Elder Natasha said with gleaming eyes.

"No. No, no, no. No Balls for me." I said shaking my head.

"Yes, yes. That's a good idea and she can properly announce the new Alpha for the Crimson Heights." Elder Sans said nodding in agreement to Elder Natasha. I just let out a sigh and prepare for the worst.

"The Ball shall be in three days and every Alpha and Beta should be there. Let's also invite the Lunas and their sons and daughters." Elder Jade said and the three of them laugh. I am like watching teenagers preparing a party.

"Shall we go back to Olympus or stay here for the party?" Elder Sans asked looking at the two. The council is based on the top of Mount Olympus since no one has dared to go there. And they said that the area is filled with magic and those with evil intentions die if they climbed there.

"No, we need to get back." Elder Jade said.

"Very well." Elder Natasha said and she looked disappointed about Elder Jade's reply.

"This is your punishment, Feia. You shall be preparing for the Full Moon Ball and invite every Alpha and their Family for the party. Everyone including the Black Knight Pack." Elder Sans said looking at me. Black Knight?

"I haven't heard of that pack. What pack is that?" I asked with curiosity.

"Your beta might know who they are. Now go prepare us a Ball everyone shall remember. And we'll take our leave since we still have businesses to do." Elder Jade said. I bowed down to them before leaving the room.

I went to the kitchen to see everyone eating their lunch. I went to the end of the table where me and my brother is seated.

"So? You're not allowed to go out for a week?" My brother asked smirking. Even though he's two years younger than me, he is taller. Unlike me, his wolf is not lycan and it emits the power of an alpha. His hazel brown eyes sparkled like mine and his hair is a darker shade of brown unlike mine that is lighter.

"No, I am not grounded, Copper." I sigh and looked at him intensely. "I need to prepare a Ball." I said pouting as I sat down beside him.

"We'll be preparing a ball?" Copper said dropping his spoon back on his plate.

Now everyone is staring at us with sparkles in their eyes. It has been 7 years since we held a ball and the last one was my coronation.

•••••••
Note:

You know what the next chapter will be... 😏
I shall stick to making this story more cliché than cliché can be.

And I still don't get the ranking shit on this story. This is not even finished yet. 😂😂

~Gaye