Girl and her Past

I opened my eyes to darkness. There is not a thing in sight of me. I decided to walk aimlessly and at the end of this nothingness is a fragment of light.

I ran towards that light and in a blink I am in a place filled with trees. No. I am at our mansion's backyard.

"Hello. Anyone around?" I shouted but no one heard a thing. I heard the house door opened and when I turned around came a young girl with a stick in her hand. She wears a black sleeveless shirt and a knee-length leggings. She ties her hair in a messy bun and her hazel eyes sparks with happiness and innocence. This girl is me. Back when my father is still alive.

"Father! Do you think this stick is long enough?" Little Feia asked the man who is sitting on the swing. I cannot see his face since I am behind him.

Tears started falling from my eyes when he turned around. It has been years and I forgot how my own father looked like. There are wrinkles on his face but his handsome face covers it. He has the same eyes as me but he has blond hair. I can see white strands but it is not that visible unless you focus your eyes on the hair. I forgot how I truly miss my father.

"No, Luna." My father chuckled at little Feia and the young girl gave her father a questioning look.

"Swords are for the warriors and your brother. You are a princess, my little moon. You should only hold small weapons." My father explain and little Feia just nod.

"Okay. I'll return this to Copper then." Little Feia said before running back towards the mansion. My father just laugh and I, on the other hand, wiped my tears away.

Darkness surrounded me once again and in a blink it's night time already. I stood in my own bedroom in the mansion and in the bed tucked little Feia with her stuffed bunny on her side. The door slowly opened and my father entered the room.

"What bedtime story do you want to hear, Luna?" My father asked as he sat down on little Feia's bed.

"How about the story of my name? It is still my favorite." Little Feia eagerly answered and it made my father laugh.

"Okay then." My father started then cleared his throat. "Your mother was on her labor that day. It was night time and the stars are shining brightly above the sky. The moon was behind a cloud so we couldn't identify what phase it was. When you came out, the moon also came out and it shone brightly on the window sill that your mother said the moon goddess blessed your birth. Out of our happiness, we added Luna to your name and we did not regret giving it to you, our little moon." My father told the story but little Feia was already asleep. My father silently laugh and kissed little Feia's forehead before he mumbled a 'goodnight'.