Girl and the Black Knight

Opening every room of the castle is like flipping cards that are faced down. Why are there so many rooms in this fucking huge castle? The reason I am opening every room is to find a suitable place for the ball. I need a bigger room and the living room is not a suitable place. I cannot use the pack house that is located in the back of the castle, just a few walks away. The house is a private space for my people. I also cannot use the mansion I have built behind the pack house. It's my place and my haven if I'm bored here in the castle.

I stood in front of the last door here in the third floor. The library. This is my father's favorite room and I have not opened it for 7 years. This room holds so many memories about him that I might break once I opened this very room. With shaking hands, I held the door handle. I wanted to open it but a part of me doesn't want to. Not just yet. I needed more time. I did not notice that I was crying in front of the door. I miss him. I miss my father so much.

"Feia?" I heard my brother whispered. I saw him standing on the end of the corridor. He went to me and I fell into him warm hugs.

"I miss him, Copper. I miss our father." I sobbed in his chest.

"I miss him too, Feia. Especially our mother." He replied rubbing my back. His comfort is soothing to me.

Our mother died a year after my coronation. If she was a wolf, she would not last long without her mate. But our mother is strong. She shows courage and lead by my side in her short time. Because of her I am standing with my head held high.

"If only I shifted faster. If only.." I said with my eyes closed in his chest. He held his hands on my cheeks and raising it facing his face.

"Feia, it is not your fault. Remember what father has told you. He is proud of you. He is proud of us even if you're stubborn most of the times." He said and I just pout at his words. He then wiped away my tears and brushed his nose of mine which made me giggle.

"I'm not stubborn." I said as I sniffed. He then pinched my cheeks.

"Yes you are." He said smirking.

"Hey! Respect me, my minion. I am the Queen and I am older than you." I said pouting and putting my hands on my hips.

"You don't need respect! You're a 10 year old in that body of yours!" He said laughing. How dare he!

"Skipping the sibling fight, what are you doing here, Copper?" I asked before he will say something embarrassing.

"Oh, I wanna suggest using the back garden as the venue for the ball." He said. It's not a bad idea. The garden is big enough to hold atleast a hundred or more people.

"That's not a bad idea. Have you made the invitations for every alpha?" I asked.

"Timothy is the one doing that." He answered. Timothy is Samantha's twin brother. After resigning, Beta Walter's son was made the next Beta of the kingdom. Timothy was like his father, fast, strong and a loyal friend. He is the same age as Copper so they get together perfectly.

"Oh. Well, you go to the garden and make it perfect. I need to talk to Timmy first." I said to my brother and he just nodded before walking back to the end of the corridor and descended on the stairs.

'Timmy? Where are you? I got an important matter to discuss.' I mind-linked Timothy. He is somewhere near the borders, he musy be patrolling.

'I'm in the northern border, my Queen. I'll be back soon.' He linked back.