Chapter Five

To the awesome people reading this: a large part of this chapter is talking between Harry and Zayn mentally which will be in italics.

Harry POV

Just open your eyes. That's all I have to do. Open. Open. Open. I groaned internally in frustration. I was healing, but I couldn't seem too actually make my body move. I heard moving in the room, and instinct told me it was one of my brothers.

Oh, Harry. Zayn's soft voice invaded my mind. He sounded sad and almost defeated. I could feel him look at my batter and bruised-yet slowly healing-body.

I'm fine, Zayn. Really. I just need to heal some more. I answered trying to calm his nerves.

I wouldn't be nervous if Isolde wasn't watching Niall and I as if she know we are hiding something. Zayn snapped at me.

Isolde? I repeated in name in a questioning manner. I had only heard that name once in passing from Niall. Wasn't she a princess or some shit that Niall was in love with?

No, you idiot. He snapped at me again. I mentally grinned. That's the name of the human that saved you. And Niall wasn't in love with her He just admired her. Like of his country in that time. He adds on quietly.

Right. Wait is she still here? I asked focusing on the important topic. Maybe I wouldn't have to track her down later.

Zayn scoffed at me before saying out loud, "Yes, she is in the waiting room. Niall is entertaining her with stories of her name sake. He told me he already likes her." Zayn's voice soften before continuing. She seems lovely. Congratulations Harry. You deserve happiness.

Can I ask you something, Zayn? I asked him. I kept trying to open my eyes to no avail.

Of course, Alpha. I felt the bed shifted down as he sat. I also felt his hand lay comfortably on my arms. It was nice to feel his concern.

What happened the first time you saw Niall?

Zayn chuckled aloud. You mean before or after he stabbed me?

I laughed internally with him. I had heard this part of the story numerous times. Zayn and Liam had traveled together for many years before they traveled to Ireland. One day they had a run in with a wild, lone Child later called Niall. Before Zayn and Liam could say anything, Niall ran at them with a silver knife stabbing Zayn in the shoulder. I've seen Zayn lovely run his fingers over it when he is thinking. Liam and Zayn had their own little platonic pack before adding on Niall several years later. Zayn and Niall traveled alone for years before fate brought them back to Liam, and eventually me.

After. I replied laughing still. Zayn did not answer for a time and I was certain I had pissed him off.

When he finally answered he was quiet. Whenever he spoke of Niall his voice had an "in awe" quality. I could practically hear him lick his lips and breathe in deeply before answering. It was almost as if I was seeing memories that had not happened. I saw him running, laughing, and I was chasing him. All of sudden it changed to me telling him I loved him. Then to him jumping into the arms of someone who I later discovered was Louis. I was seeing all of these memories that were yet to happen.

Did the same thing happened to Niall? I asked.

Yes. He was already a Child of the Moon when I met him. He saw the same thing. Except of seeing Louis he saw you.

Me? I asked. I never thought I was truly important to the boys.

That's bullshit Harry. You mean more to us than life. Zayn sounded hurt and angry. When we needed a leader you stood up and told us to follow you and we did. If it wasn't for you we would still be fucking guard dogs for blood suckers.

I flinched at the memories that came flooding back. Years ago the boys and I had been kidnapped and forced to basically be pets for a coven of wealthy vampires who couldn't go out into sunlight without busting into flames. We had all been taken individually over the course of a few years except for Zayn and Niall. I was the first one there and slowly the boys started coming in. The vampires got greedy and wanted to have a pack to protect them. It wasn't until they took Louis that I wanted to leave and take the boys with me. I had never had a family. I was street rat in England, and never had to care about anyone before. When I saw I those four boys look at me in helplessness in that dark cellar some fifty years ago, I know they needed me but I needed them more.

Remember when they threw Louis in and the first thing anyone said was Niall? I chuckled at one of the good memories of those hellish thirty years.

And he said 'It's about damn time Louis! Now shut up and hug me, and Harry get us the fuck out of here!' Zayn recounted the rest of the story and I still was fondly remembering. Louis was lucky to be the last one. Zayn mind clouded with images of beatings and starvation. Zayn and Niall only were prisoners for a few years, unlike Liam and I. Liam was captured twenty years after me. I was so alone for so long.

Never again Brother. I promise Niall and I will never leave and I am sure the boys feel the same. Speaking of which I hear them harassing the staff.

Try and keep Isolde here okay? I asked. I wanted to speak with her at least once.

Of course.

I had this troubling feeling. Zayn, I don't what's wrong. I am healed my I can't make my self-wake up.

I'll tell the boys. Maybe Liam knows. I'll return soon. We love you, Harry. Don't forget that. Zayn rushed out the room and I was soon left alone again with the thoughts of black hair and blue eyes lulling me to sleep.

Isolde's Pov

After Zayn came rushing in to announce that there was a problem I left to find Myra. I saw my curly haired best friend writing on a chart down the hall.

"Mymy!" I shouted attracting the attention of several patients and visitors. She turned at my voice and smiled at me.

"Iz, what are you still doing here?" She asked me, still writing.

"How is Harry?" I questioned.

"Harry? Oh the assault victim you found? I'll tell you what I told his brothers. He is stable condition and will wake up when he wants to." She answered returning to what she was doing. "Don't you have a piano lesson tomorrow? Or later today?" She said looking at her watch. At her words I realized that it was indeed after midnight.

"I'm just worried." I sighed.

"You care too much, Iz, it's one of the things I admire about you. You stay just to check on a man you have never even met." She said chuckling.

"I met his brothers. I really like the blonde one that has the husband or whatever he is. He told the story of Princess Isolde of Ireland. It was weird because his voice got all dreamy. His other brother seem nice too, but I didn't speak to them much." I informed my friend of the new friends I had made.

"Ooh. I better pick out my maid of honor dress now." She replied chuckling at her own joke. I blushed.

"No, I don't even know him. I just learned his name." I told her.

"Whatever, Iz, I ship it." She said walking away.

"Sometimes I don't like you, My." I very lately response to her comment. I turned back around to see Harry's brother looking at me with smirks and knowing looks. I blushed harder and sat down in a chair suddenly very interested in my phone.

I never know what to say here.