Chapter Twenty

Isolde’s POV

          “Revenge?” I repeated. I was struggling to catch my breath after my sob fest. Niall turned his head as far as he could, so that he was able to see me somewhat.

            “Yes, revenge. Harry killed Alexander’s brother, Peter, several years ago.” He told me in a hushed tone.

          “What happened?” I asked quietly. Niall took a sharp breath, and was quiet for too long. “Niall?” I said. He took a deep breath.

            “Did Harry tell you how we all met?” He asked.

            “Yes,” I tell him, “You all were slaves or something to a family of vampires.” I tell him, recalling the information Harry had told me.

            “Did he tell you about Josh?” He asks me softly. I try to rack my brain into remembering the name. I shake my head. “Josh was the second boy kidnapped. He came before Liam, and he was young. He looked up to Harry. When we were escaping Alexander killed Josh, and, in return, Harry killed Peter.” Niall finishes his story, his voice taking on an angry and bitter tone.

            “But he killed Josh first! That makes it even.” I coughed out. Niall just shook his head.

            “Not to them.” He said sadly. We remained silence for a while, the only noise were our ragged breaths. I began to rethink everything that had happened these past two months. I was just a teacher one day and the next I was being held captive by vampires. It was all so unreal. Finally Niall spoke to me. “If you could go back and change it so that you weren’t Harry’s mate, would you?” He asked me. I was shocked by his question. I wanted to reach out and comfort him, but I was still bound in my chair.

            “No, Niall. Do you know what I was doing around two months ago?”, I don’t wait for him to answer, “I was buying candy to order to bribe my students into listening to me. Then by some force of nature, I was pushed into this fantasy world. Not only do I love Harry with all my heart, I love you and your brothers too. Just because I am tied to a chair right now, doesn’t mean that I regret knowing Harry or any of you for that matter.” I tell him. I was struggling to breath and I was angry. Angry at these vampires for murdering my friend, angry at myself for not being careful, but most of all, I was angry at the universe for making me so happy, and then taking it away. Niall chuckles softly beside me.

            “For the record I love you too.” He tells me. I try to get my breath back to normal before I ask Niall a question I’ve been curious about.

            “Niall?”

            “Hmm?” He hums in response.

            “What will happen to Harry when I die?” I ask quietly. Niall coughs.

            “What do you mean? Iz, I will find a way out of here, this is not the end.” He tells me, somewhat harshly. I chuckle humorlessly at his answer.

            “No, I mean Harry is never going to grow old. I’ll live maybe another seventy years, that’s if these vampires don’t kill us first. I’ll age, and die.” I finish quietly. Niall’s breath becomes heavier.

            “Isolde, never before has a Child of the Moon mated with a human. That has to mean that you are immortal too in some way. How old was your grandfather when he died?” He asks. I paused to think.

            “He was fifty-seven, but he looked young for his age.” I tell him. I thought back to my grandfather who looked so young compared to others his age.