Chapter Fourteen

Isolde POV

            I woke up too hot, and I soon realized why. During the night Harry had totally crushed me against himself. I found this strangely comfortable, yet it was time for me to wake up. I carefully unwrap myself from him, and went to go take a shower. After getting dressed I made my way downstairs to find Niall sitting at the bar, reading the newspaper.

            “Up early?” I ask making my way into the kitchen and he looks up nods, and smiles. “What do you want for breakfast, sweetie?” I ask him.

            “Whatever you want to make would be great.” He says putting down the paper giving me his full attention. I ask him how he slept. “Good. Zayn’s a late sleeper, as are most of the other boys.”

            “Well maybe the smell of eggs and French toast will wake them up, yeah?” I say and he chuckles.

            “Hopefully.” I start mixing the eggs, Niall offers to help and I wave him away.

            “So what was the deal with that painting I made yesterday?” I ask him carefully watching his face for his reaction. His face doesn’t change, but I do not  think he doesn’t want to answer me.

            “It’s from a story.” He says slowly.

            “Is it one of those story that turns out to be true?” I ask. He nods. “What is it called?”

            “The Woman and the Wolf.” I feel ice creep though my veins. I slowly put down the bowl of eggs I was whisking.

            “I know that story by heart. My grandfather told it to me every night growing up. It actually happened?” I tell him. Niall licks his lips and looks like he is having an internal battle.

            “Yes. We believe that you are a descendent of the Hood family.” He says carefully. I scrunch my face.

            “Of course I am. Hood is my mother’s maiden name. “ I tell him. His eyes widen.

            “Do you know what that means?” He asks me. I shake my head no. “It mean you are in the direct line of descents from the first ever Children of the Moon.” I look at him in shock.

            “So what does that make me to the current Children of the Moon.” I ask him curiously.

            “Our Queen.”

            I gasped at him. At this time Louis and Liam came staggering like drunks into the kitchen and I shut my mouth.

            “Hungry, boys?” I ask them hoping my voice doesn’t give away my true feelings.

            “Yeah, Isolde.” Liam told me smiling. I returned his smile. Queen of Wolves. I was beyond confused. But the more I thought about it the more I should have more aware of the fact I was different.

Flashback

            I was six running around the house. I had always be more aware of what was going around than a normal six year old should. I was looking for my mother, I had picked her flowers. I found her in the kitchen talking to my father. I didn’t want to interrupt them, so I waited and listened.

            “She has a right to know, Dave.” My mother told my father. What was she talking about? Who was she?

            “Isolde is just a child, Amber .” My father answers, so I was the she.

            “My father keeps filling her head with these stories, she’ll grow up think that they are true.” My mother whisper-yells.

            “Those stories are true! They are of her people, she needs to know where she comes from!” My father  was getting angry.

            “She doesn’t need to know the truth. I don’t want to grow up in danger of the people that will hunt her. She’ll be killed for sport by others!”

            “Ignoring the truth will not protect her, Amber. She is a leader in heart. ” Father  said softly. What was the truth about me?

            “Isolde?” Niall’s gentle voice brought me out of my past. I smiled at him to show that I was fine. Zayn came into the kitchen, he kissed Niall’s head, and ignored everyone  else.

            “Good morning, Zayn. Breakfast is ready.” I tell them. Zayn nods good morning and goes to get a plate. He was not a morning person. “I’m going to wake up Harry.” I tell them.

            “Good luck.” Laughs Liam. I chuckle and make my way upstairs.

Harry POV

            “Harry? Harry? Sweetheart?” I hear Isolde calling and I wake up and smile at her. She returns my smile, I move back in her bed to make room and she climbs in. We lay facing each other for minute before she speaks.

            “So I’m your Queen, yeah?” She says. I groan.

            “Damnit Niall.” I groan covering my eyes with my hand. She laughs at me.

            “Actually it was probably my mother. I remember her saying something like this to father years ago. Niall filled some pieces in.” She said. I was curious about what her mother had said, but let it go. She looked at me for second and then cuddled herself onto my chest. I protectively wrapped my arms around her, and breathed in her scent. I could easily wake up every day for the rest of my life with her in my arms. “What does me being Queen mean to my future?” She asks me, her voice muffled by my chest.

            “Nothing. You don’t have to do anything. All you have to do is be happy with me. I will protect from anyone who threaten you. ” I tell her. She pulls herself from me and I fight the urge to frown.

            “With you?” She asks, cocking her eyebrow.

            “Yes, with me.” I tell her confidently. She laughs at my answer.

            “Harry! Liam is pushing me!” Louis voice carries upstairs. We both laugh and she gets up and leaves.

            “You look better without pants.” I tell her. She blushes and quickly leaves.

            “I’m leaving for a guitar lesson at a client’s house.” She tells me and I nod.

            “When will you be back?” I ask.

            “I’ll be gone at most three hours.” Iz tells me. I walk her to her car, and she kisses my cheek.

            “I’ll miss you.” I tell her honestly. She waves as she drives off. I go back inside to deal with my annoying brothers. I walk straight to Niall. “Why did you tell her?”

            “She asked. Are you mad at me?” Niall said in a sad voice. He was so precious I couldn’t  be mad at him.

            “No, Ni.” I tell him and he smiles.

            “Good. Now can you get me some more French toast?”