Chapter Eight

Harry Pov

            “Are you ready to go?” I heard Isolde ask me. I was busy carrying a very clingy Niall on my back piggy back style. He was still upset that I was alone with I got attacked. I nodded at her smiling while the boys looked at me with confused eyes.

“I’m going to stay with Iz for a few days till I feel better, boys.” I told them. They all nodded-Louis and Zayn smirked- and I felt Niall’s grip tighten around me.

“But you just came back, Har!” His voice had gotten whiny, and I could not tell if he was being serous or not. I heard Zayn sigh and felt Niall being pulled from my back despite his groans of protest. When he was put on his feet he huffed at Zayn, and climbed on Louis back.

“One day you will learn to walk, baby hedgehog.” Louis said with a serious undertone to voice which made Isolde giggle. I will never stop loving that sound. “ Goodbye Har. Stay safe, okay?” Every one of them turned and looked at me, and I smiled. I watched as they turn to walk out, Niall still on Louis. He was the baby of the pack and could get away with murder.  

“You know me, boys, I always stay away from danger.” I tell them as they prepare to leave, Louis very politely flipping me off.  I grab the bag of clothes and things that I told Liam to bring me, shouting  my thanks to him. He winks at me with a smile.

“After you, my dear.” I told Isolde, who rolled her eyes and blushed. She waved at the boys, and playfully scratch Niall on his back, who awkwardly hugged her from Louis back. She waved at her nurse friend and we began to walk outside.

“I hope you’re okay with walking. Its only about a five minute walk.” She told me. I nodded and smiled to show it was fine. The walk was quick and passed in comfortable silence. “Here we are.” She said and we stopped and I took this time to look at her home. It was two stories and had a gothic theme to it. It looked old but had been carefully taken care of. I walked in behind her and sat my bag down.

“You have a lovely home.” I tell her. I take this time to actually look at her. She had black hair-it was even darker than Zayn’s-, she average height, on the curvy side, and I notice she was always smiling.  My mind drifted to yesterday when that Jackson guy had tried to kiss her. When I heard him talk to her like that I felt my blood boil. I had no idea the urge to protect ones mate was so strong, although it shouldn’t surprise me. Once years ago, I pushed Niall while I was angry and Zayn attacked me.

“Are you okay?” I turned saw Isolde looking at me with concern. I smiled at her.

“M’fine, Izzy.” I tell her. She smiled back and looked like she wanted to say something but didn’t.

“You can stay in the guest room. There is a bathroom connected to it. I have to give a piano listen in about two hours.” She said while she walked around her home.

“ok, thanks for letting me stay here.” I tell her.

“It’s no trouble. I have the room, and I’m hardly here.” She says. I frown at this.

“Where are you usually? If you don’t mind me asking?” I asked quickly.

“Oh, here and there. I volunteer at the hospital, I do music and language lessons at clients houses, and I usually stay at Myra’s. She the nurse you met.” She tells me going into the kitchen and I follow her.

“How did you meet Myra?” I asked trying to make conversation.

“We met in high school. I only went for high school since my parents wanted me to have a little normalcy in my life. No one  but her wanted to be friends with a thirteen year old who quotes Shakespeare.” She tells me chuckling.

“Why were you so young?” I asked curious at this new information about her.

“I have a high IQ, and I like learning. I wanted to be in college quickly as possible.” She tells me shrugging. “Are you hungry?” she then asks, and I nod. She begins to get pans and food. “French toast?” She looks at me and smiles and I return it and nod.

“Can I help?” I ask and she laughs and waves her hand.

“No, I’ve got it.” She replies.

“So, Ms. Connor”, I ask, “Tell me about yourself.” I ask. She tells about her life growing up with her family. She has an older brother who has Asperger’s, she misses her mother and father since they live in Oregon, how she likes living here in Maine, and her education. After she is finished and we have eaten, she looks at the time. She informs that she has to go shower and get dressed because her student is coming in forty minutes. I go lay on the couch, with my stomach full of delicious food, and fall asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Isolde POV

            It was weird for me to have Harry here. I never had anyone other than students in my home, let alone men. I was confused because I was in the shower with an almost stranger downstairs, and I didn’t feel ill at ease. I even felt safe with him here as weird as the sounds. I finished getting ready and I went back downstairs to find Harry fast asleep on the couch. He looked so fragile like this. He still looked somewhat threating with his piercing and tattoos, but he still had some innocence around him. I gently shook him, and he slowly opened his eyes. He surprised me by reaching out and touching my face with his hand. I melted into his touch and smiled at him.

“Hey, my student is going to be here soon so if you want to go upstairs to sleep that would be fine.” I whisper to  him. He nods and slowly goes up stairs just as the doorbell rings. I go to open it excepting my student, and find a strange man standing there. He was taller than me with dark hair. He looked middle age, and was smiling pleasantly.

“Who are you?” I ask before I see a gun. I stood frozen with fright.

“Slowly back up into your house and don’t make a sound.” He tells me his voice is threating and I do what he says. He pushes me and I remain silent. I just hope he doesn’t know that someone else is here. Harry doesn’t need to get hurt.

“Do you need money?” I ask hoping that this is just a robbery. He laughs at me.

“No, I want the Alpha’s mate.” He says. I try to process his words but they make no sense. Alpha? Mate? Before I can think, I hear a deep growl and I turn  my face  towards it. It was Harry or I think it was. Harry face had distorted and he looked very different. His face had taken an almost wolf-like shape. His canine teeth had grown to the point of fangs, his eyes were black to the point there was no white, and he had literal claws. I cannot focus on anything but Harry. The man had turn to Harry and smiled sickly sweet-like. “Ah, Mr. Styles! So you finally make an appearance! I was being to think you were avoiding me. That would have hurt my feeling, I was just saying hi to your lovely mate. She so pretty.” He said to Harry. Mate? Once again, his words weren’t making sense to me. Before I could move I felt my self being tossed to the side onto the carpet beside one of  my bookshelves. I wasn’t hurt. I turned just in time to see Harry run towards the man.

The man raised the gun and point it towards Harry. Without even thinking I grabbed the largest book from the book self and threw it as hard as I could at the man’s hand. He winced and looked at me.

“You bit-“ He started to say. Harry took this opportunity to rip his head off with a roar. Instead of bleeding, the man turned to dust. Harry was panting and looking at the dirt pile. I slowly got up and walked towards him. He turned and I saw that he looked like normal Harry. We silently looked at each other for what seemed like ages before I broke the silence.

“What are you?”