Chapter Twenty-Two

Isolde POV

          Alexander drags me by the arm up the stairs, and opens the door. I am apparently in a huge house, there are halls, and rooms everywhere. I desperately want to know which room Niall is in and what’s happening to him. There are paintings all over the walls and I am lead down a long hallway that leads to a metal door.

            “Do you see all the vents leading into that room, human?” He asks, pointing at the ceiling. I look up and notice them, I turn to Alexander and nod. Why was he showing me this? “Do you know why?” He asks, softly.

            “No.” I tell him, my voice has gone ragged. He chuckles cruelly.

            “My coven and I like to do experiments on the wolves we have captured. One of the experiments we started to do recently is see what happens when we pump silver into their air.” He says smiling.

            “How could you be so cruel?” I ask him, angrily. I knew the effects of silver on Children of the Moon. All of Harry’s pack had scars from it. He laughs heartlessly.

            “Cruelty has nothing to do with it. They are dogs, nothing more. But back to what I was saying. Turns out if wolves breathe in the silver it stops them from changing. Both to half wolf and full wolf.” We have stopped walking and he grabs my still bind hands. I look at the metal door, unsure of what’s behind it.

            “Why are you telling me this?” I tell, almost bored with his talking.

            “Cause, sweetie, behind that door are seven Children of the Moon who haven’t changed forms in two years.” I finally grasps what he is telling me.

            “You turned off the silver.” I say, quietly. He giggles at me, and nods.

            “And the best part is that when I put you in.”, he leans down to whispering my ear, “I’m going to let them out of their cages.” He pulls backs smiling. “They will rip you apart before you can even scream.” He finishes. I am shaking with fear. He opens the door and throws me in.

            It is dark inside, all I can see is by the light of the moon. I notice metal cages against the walls. I hear snarling and growling, and I am terrified. I try to untie my hands, but it is unless. I stay frozen in one spot, suddenly I hear a beeping noise. The cages are opening. All I can hear is my breathing, and their growling.

            A man who is half wolf is staring at me. I see that all of the other wolves are not in full wolf form, I think it is because the room is small. There are five men and two women, all staring at me, growling.

I am about to die. My thoughts drift to Harry, I loved him so much. I would never get to see him again. I’ll never get to tell him that  I love him. My sense of helplessness is suddenly overwhelmed urge to live. Harry needed me, Niall needed me, and I wanted to live. I was angry. I wanted to live to see Myra again, and my parents, and brother. I racked my brain to try to think of a plan, and one pops into my head. I take a deep breath, and stand to my full height. The wolves get closer, and closer, all signs of humanity gone from their faces. I take a deep breath, and try to speak without stuttering.

“My name is Isolde Connor. I am a direct descendent of Hood family, and your rightful Queen. I order you to stop.” I tell them, staring up at them. What they do next is surprising.

They slowly began to sink to their knees; they are bowing in front of me. I let out a shocked, nervous laughter. They all raise their heads looking at me. I run my tied hands through my curls, and face.