Chapter Sixteen

Isolde POV

            Harry refused to tell me where we were going. I watched as we drive into the city, and he pulled the car into the parking lot of a fancy restaurant.

            “Harry, I am in Converse! I didn’t think you would take me to super fancy place!” I yell, and began to breath heavily. To my surprise he laughs at me.

            “Darling, you will easily be the most beautiful woman there.” He tells reassuring me. I sigh at his words.

            “You have to say that, being my mate and all.” I say, feeling a smile tug its way to my lips. Harry chuckles at me and gets out of the car and goes around to open my door for me. We walk arm and arm to maitre de, and he takes in all of Harry’s tattoos that are showing on his neck, and hands.

            “Reservation for Mr. and Mrs. Styles.” He tells him and I choke on air. I glance at Harry with wide eyes, but he is avoiding my gaze. We were sat at the back of the place far away from any of the other patrons. Harry picked up his menu, but I had yet to touch mine. I was thinking about what it would be like to be married to him. I knew deep in my heart that I loved him, but I had yet to tell him. We hadn’t known each other a month yet, but then again, he grew up in a time of arranged marriages. I had also ways wanted to get married, and the Fates seem to think that Harry is my soul mate. I realized that he had been calling my name for a time.

            “Izzy?” He said softly, touching my hand. I felt the familiar warmth and smiled at him.

            “Will you order for me?” I ask him and he nods.

            “How was your day?” He asks. I go into detail about Isaac’s lesson and his obvious crush on Myra. Harry tells me how Myra burst into my house looking for me earlier and almost had a heart attack. We kept talking and laughing when the waitress showed up, and I frowned when I recognized her.

            “Hi, welcome to The Lion and the Lamb. My name is Nicole and I’ll be your server. What can I get you to drink?” She says. I watch her eyes widened in interest at Harry who was busy looking at his menu.

            “I’ll have some white wine. What do you want, Izzy?” he asks looking at me. Nicole finally turned her attention to me and her eyes widened and she laughed.

            “Well if it isn’t the little elf?” She says laughing. I flinched at her choose of words. I looked down at my menu to avoid the look Harry was giving me. “I’d get you some wine too, but what are you like eighteen? How about some chocolate milk?” She said still laughing.

            “Water.” I tell her and she walks away laughing.

            “Who was that and why do I want to throw her threw the window?” Harry asks. I smile at him.

            “That was the prom queen at my old high school. She called me little elf because one time her and her friends stole my clothes in gym, and replaced them with a Santa’s elf costume.” I tell him quietly. I watch as his eyes darken, and he growls quietly.

            “Bitch.” He says turning around trying to see her again.

            “Relax, Harry. It was a long time ago. Plus, we she did it Myra slashed her tires.” I tell giggling at the memory of Nicole finding her car. He visibly relaxes and I smile at him. “Plus she’s what twenty-five and still a waitress? I think it’s pretty obvious who won the game of life here.” Harry laughs at me and nods.

            “Plus you have a crazy hot husband.” He tells me, and I smile at him. When Nicole returns with our drinks Harry places his order with malice. Nicole walks away with a horrified expression on her face. Our food is brought to us by a different waiter and I laugh.

            “I think you very much terrified my high school bully.” I tell him.

            “Good. Bitches get stitches.” He tells shoveling food in his mouth. I look at him with humor.

            “Are you sure you knew Shakespeare? Because you talk like a nineties white girl.” He looks at me confused.

            “Which nineties?” He asks. I laugh and shake my head. The rest of dinner passes with small talk, and soon we are back at my house just sitting outside in his car. We watch the neighbor’s lights outside their houses.

            “What are you doing for Christmas?” I ask and watch him open his mouth, “And if you say me, I will get out of this car.” He laughs.

            “You know me so well. Whatever you want me to do.” He says shrugging.

            “Every year my parents usually take a vacation. I stopped going with them ever since college. Usually Myra, Isaac, and I stay at my house and watch Christmas movies and I cook.” I tell him. He looks at me out of the corner of his eye. “What do you and your brothers do?” I ask him. Harry grabs the steering wheel so hard his knuckles start turning white.

            “Usually Zayn and Niall go somewhere. Louis goes back to England, while Liam goes to someplace tropical with some random woman he finds the week before. I usually bar hop.” He finishes quietly. I frown at his answers. Everyone should spent the holiday with people who love them.

            “Spend Christmas with me. Ask your brothers too.” I tell him. I watch as his hands loosen on the wheel, and he nods. “Why do you always separate for Christmas?” I ask. He doesn’t answer for a minute.

            “Christmas reminds us that we don’t have families anymore. Plus Liam, Louis, and I are jealous of how  happy Niall and Zayn are. I mean Niall is always happy, but he’s like extra happy at Christmas time. He wants to spend it with us, but it’s just hard.” He finishes. I look at him curiously.

            “But you do have a family with them.” I say carefully.

            “Yeah, well it doesn’t feel like that sometimes,” He snaps and I bite my lip, “Shit, Izzy, I’m so sorry.” He bangs his head repeatedly on the steering wheel.

            “How many times do I have to tell you that I am not a fragile child? So what if you yell at me? I can handle it. I forgive you.” I tell him honestly. He looks with an unreadable expression before kissing me. I return the kiss wholeheartedly, and when we pull apart Harry is smiling.

            “Spend Christmas with me.” I demand.

            “Okay.”

            “Okay.”