Chapter Ten

Isolde POV

            I was kissing Harry. What the heck is wrong with me? This was not the type of person I am. I am the shy, smart, girl that gets ignored unless someone needed help with their homework. Not the girl who kisses strange men two days after meeting them. I pulled apart from Harry, and he had this dreamy expression on his face.

“I am so sorry.” I told him. Harry looked at me like I grew another head.

“Don’t apologize, Izzy. You can kiss me anytime you want.” He said smirking at me and I had the sudden urge to slap him.

I back away from him and begin to run my fingers though my hair, getting my hand stuck for a second in the curls, and sigh loudly.

“I need to go for a walk or something.” I told him.

“I’ll go with you.” He said grabbing his coat.

“No. I need to be alone and process this.” I tell him, trying to ignore the hurt look on his face. “I’ll be back.” I said as I rushed out. I walk around for about five minutes trying to think about what had happened. I wanted to talk to Myra, but I realized I couldn’t. She would probably believe me, but I couldn’t  tell Harry and his brothers secrets. I found myself in a park and sat on a bench. I was so deep in thought, as I watched the park empty of its patrons, that I didn’t notice someone sitting next to me.

“So you’re the girl who runs with the wolves.” I snapped my head up at the voice. It was a woman who look older than me with brown hair, and dark skin. She was dressed in black and had a cocky expression on her face.

“Excuse me?” I asked. I plan on playing dumb with this woman.

“Don’t play coy with me, princess. I know you’re with Harry and his pack. I want to know why.” She asked quietly, yet with a demanding tone.

“Harry is my friend. He got hurt and I helped him.” I told her. I hated her tone. I stood up and began to walk away. “Have  a good day.” She grabbed my arm with a surprisingly strong grip and turned me to face her.

“We’ll be watching you, and Harry.” She said harshly, finally letting go of me.

I wanted to run as fast as I could away from her, but I needed to look strong. I walked away at a normal pace. I realized that I had been gone for almost an hour.

“Isolde!” I turned at the sound of my name to see Zayn, Niall, and Liam. Niall, of course, being carried by Zayn. I was unsure of how to process the fact that these three men turned into wolves whenever they felt like it. Not to meant that two of them fought in the Crusades. However, I still turned, waved, and waited for them to catch up.

“Where’s Louis?” I asked.

“What? Are we not good enough?” Asked Liam, playfully. I smiled at him.

“Of course, Liam. I was just curious. Hello Zayn and Niall.” I said. Niall grinned widely and Zayn nodded his head in greeting.

“Zaynie,” Niall said, “Come push me on the swing.” Zayn rolled his eyes but turned around and walked towards the swing.

“Do you want to walk with me?” Liam asked. The park had a loop like track where people could walk, but at this time it was fairly empty. I nodded and we began walking. We enjoyed comfortable silence for a few minutes before I decided I needed more answers.

“Harry told me about all of you being Children of the Moon.” I stated this and Liam sucked in a breath of air. He looked at me with unreadable eyes.

“Why did he tell you so soon?” He asked quietly. I realized in his question that Harry was eventually going to tell me, and that comforted me.

“A Corpi attacked me in my home about three hours ago.” I told him, and he didn’t look surprised.

“I know” he said.

“How?” I asked shocked.

“We can talked to each other in our minds.” He said shrugging. I was speechless for a few seconds.

“Harry didn’t meant that piece of information.” I squeaked. I turned to Zayn pushing Niall. Niall was laughing loudly and trying to kick Zayn when he went back. Liam laughed.

“Harry didn’t want to shock you with this information.”

“Is..Is it weird that I’m not afraid? I mean I’m shocked, but I’m not afraid.” I asked. Liam looked at me curiously.

“Have you heard of Children of the Moon before?” he asked. I began to think. The whole idea of men turning into wolves did seem familiar.

“Yes,” I realized, “My grandfather told me stories of men who could turn into wolves, but I saw Harry and he wasn’t a wolf.” I told him.

“He must have been in his half-wolf then.” Liam said. I looked at him puzzled and he sighed then smiled. “We can turn into full wolves with fur and all that shit. Or we become half-wolves where we are still human but have claws and such.” He explained. I paused to think about this new information.

“He told me how he met you and the others. He didn’t give me details, saying that it is your place to tell.” I said quietly.

“What all did he say?” Liam asked, he wasn’t looking at me.

“That you met Zayn in the Crusades, then Niall. He said you traveled for a bit by yourself before he met you.” I said.

“Do you want to know my story?” He asked quietly. I paused to think before I spoke.

“No”, I began, “That is your story. I think it’s your business, but know that nothing you could say could change my opinion about you.” I told him. He looked at me in shock before pulling me into a huge bear hug. I laughed as he spun me around in circles. Liam sat me back on my feet and put his arm around my shoulders.

“Let’s go get Zayn and Niall, and take you home, yeah?” He said leading me to the swings. All I did was nod. He called to them and they ran up to us. “Let’s take Iz home shall we?” Niall made a whine of protest.

“Liaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmm.” Niall said. I giggled and turned to look at Zayn. He was looking off into the distant and began to smell the air. I watched as all of the three boys looked at each other with a face of concentration. A look of anger passed of Zayn’s, and a look of concern across the other two. We stood in silence for a few minutes before Liam cleared his throat.

“Umm, Iz, did you happen to see a dark skinned woman here? She has dark hair, and was probably in black?” Liam asked nervously.

“Yes.” I told them slowly. Zayn huffed and slipped an arm around Niall protectively. “Why?”

“Nothing. Let’s get you home, yeah?” Liam said. Without another word, the three boys lead me to my home, where an extremely angry Harry was waiting at the door.

So I wrote three chapters today and I'll probably post them all at once.  And if you're reading this thank you so much especially @Their_Bums