Chapter Twelve

Harry POV

            “Well that was a waste of time.” I said huffing. The boys and I had spent hours trying to find the Hunters new hide out. We looked everywhere but eventually lost the scent of the bitch and her family. “C’mon. I miss Izzy.” I told them. Liam chuckled.

            “Wow, Harry, if I didn’t know any better I would think that after two days you already love this girl.” He says.

            “Of course he does, Liam, she is his Niall.” Zayn snaps.

            “You mean mate?” Liam says. Zayn blushes and rolls his eyes.

            “Thank you, Zayn.” I tell him.

            “It doesn’t matter, Niall told me she’s asleep, but Niall needs to see. Says it urgent.” Zayn frowns at me.

            “Why doesn’t he tell me himself?” I ask.

            Zayn shrugs, “Says he has to tell you in person.” I frown.

            “Let’s go then.” And we make haste to Iz’s house.

            I walk in to find Isolde awkwardly sleeping on the couch, and Niall and Louis’s head deep in an old, dusty book. “Yes?” I ask. Niall and Louis snap their necks up at the sound of my voice.

            “You need to see this, Harry.” Niall tells me. He holds up a painting of what looks like a crest.

            “What am I looking at?” I ask impatiently. Niall and Louis roll their eyes and sigh impatiently.

            “This is what happens when you have two former ambassador of packs and an Alpha who didn’t have one.” Louis says throwing his hands up. Isolde groans in her sleep and turns over.

            “I am going to take her to her bed and when I come down stairs, I want to know what that painting means.” I tell them. I gently pick up Iz and she wraps her hands in my t-shirt. I smile down at her as I take her up the stairs and lay her in her bed. Her room is nothing but a bed and bookshelves. She has a small dresser with a mirror, and  a medium size closet. I tuck her in as she did me when I was in the hospital. I kiss her forehead and make my way down stairs.

            All of the boys are digging around Isolde’s kitchen for food, and I join them. “Continue, Niall.” I tell him giving him my undivided attention. He places the painting in front of me again.

            “Isolde drew that.” He says simply.

            “It’s pretty?” I says. Louis groans in frustration.

            “That is the crest of the Hood family.” He says as if it explained everything. I continued looking at him. Zayn and Liam also had looks of confusion on their faces. Louis looked at them. “Seriously? None of you had an ambassador in your former packs?!”

            “We were all Omegas!!” Liam yells back.

            “I don’t even know what an ambassadors is.” Zayn says.

            “An ambassador is like the record keeping one, love.” Niall tells him softly and Zayn kisses his cheek in thanks.

            “Yes. Thank you, Niall.”, Louis says, “Have any of you, besides Niall, heard of “The Woman and the Wolf?”” he asks and we all shake our heads no. Louis once again groans. We all stared at him for a long minute. He rolls his eyes “oh for fuck sake!” He says. He gestures for us to sit. Niall excitedly sits in Zayn’s lap and waits for the story. “So there was this chick..”

            “if you don’t tell it right then I’m telling it!” Niall threatened. Zayn laughed softly and Louis sighed.

            “Once upon a time, in a village far to the North (He pauses and looks at Niall with an “are you happy now” expression) there lived a young woman. She was the most beautiful woman for miles around and she was beloved by everyone. Due to her beauty, she was not allowed outside except to go to her grandmother’s house on the other side of the woods. Her father feared for her safety, so he guarded her from the world. Every day she would walk through the woods to her grandmother’s house. Little did she know, that every day a wolf would watch her walk. The wolf fell in love with her for her kindness and beauty. The wolf wanted desperately to be with her, but who could love a wolf? Years passed and the young woman was betrothed to a rich merchants son. She did not love him, but he made her father happy so she agreed.

            When the wolf found out about the upcoming marriage he grew desperate. He went to a Banshee and  asked to be turned into a human. The Banshee agree to let him be human for one day a year, and the rest he would be a wolf. The Banshee warned him that it is better to not mess with nature.  The wolf agreed, but he should have known better than to trust a Banshee, and on the day he became human he searched for the young woman. He found her on her way to see her grandmother and told her everything. She instantly feel in love with the Wolf Man and they made love. (The boys began to giggle and I growled to silence them) When he woke up the next morning, he was wolf again and she was gone. He discovered that she had gone through with the marriage and that angered him greatly. He waited for the day he became human again, to get his revenge against the woman who hurt him.

            When he found her asleep in bed next to her husband, he killed them both. Before she died the young women proclaimed her love and begged him to spare her son.  Not believing she truly loved him, he went to the nursery to kill her son because it was a part of the woman who hurt him. When he found the baby he discovered that around his neck he wore a necklace with a wolf tooth. Realizing he murdered his own child’s mother, he turned back into a wolf never to regain humanity again. The child-whose surname was Hood- had the ability to change from wolf to man at will.” Louis looked at the boys with a look of awe.

            “And?” I asked. Louis looked like he wanted to slap me.

            “The son of the Wolf and Woman was the first Child of the Moon.” He said.

            “What does this have to do with Iz?” asked Liam. Niall sat up quickly to answer.

            “The painting she drew is the crest of the Hood family.” He said excitedly.

            “And?!” I yelled. The boys all took steps back.

            “It means”, Louis said quietly, “That Isolde Connor is a direct descended of the Hood family. And living Queen of all wolves.”