Chapter 6

Sabrina's POV

I sat in the living room with guys; we were watching Finding Nemo. Howie wanted to watch it; it was either that or a Toy Stort Trilogy marathon. We've already watched Toy Story way too many times, considering Kevin normally is the first to pick the movies we watch for a movie marathon.

"Guys," Howie spoke. We all directed our attention to him. "I'm hungry." We laughed slightly.

"Well, we could go to McDonald's." I suggested.

"Okay!" Howie smiled brightly.

"Sure," The others answered. I paused the movie, then shut off the television.

"Then let's go." I stood up, then walked over to get my shoes on. The others got their things and then we left.

***

Howie finished ordering his food; I swear it took him at least ten minutes. I looked at him in disbelief. Is he seriously going to eat all of that? He ordered nearly the whole damn menu!

I ordered a salad and a glass of water, the others ordered what they wanted. When the waiter left, Howie leaned over to me.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Howie whispered.

I looked at him, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "I ordered a salad, the last time I checked that was food."

"I mean aren't you going to eat some real food." Howie explained.

"Howie, I'm a vegan." I confessed.

"What the hell is a 'vegan'?" Howie asked.

"Well, it's kind of like being a vegetarian, except, unlike a vegetarian where you can eat poultry and have animal products like milk and cheese. You can't have anything made from, or of animals. You can only pretty much eat only fruits and vegetables." I explained. Howie just stared at me blankly.

"You, my friend, are insane." Howie stated. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I am not insane, I am just a healthy eater."

Howie shook his head in disbelief and sat back in his seat.