Chapter 21

Sabrina's POV

"Sabrina," I look up from my book to see Howie standing there. I look at him with questionable look. "We should have a movie day, or something." He looks at me with pleading eyes.

"I'm actually tired of movies day, Howie," I look at him apologetically. "Hey, maybe we could do something else instead though." I smile a little. "We could go outside for a change; we could build snowmen, have a snowball fight, or even make snow angels." Howie takes a minute to think about it.

"Okay!" He smiles brightly. "It sounds fun, we should get the boys to join in." I give him a small nod, then put my bookmark in my book and close it.

"I'll get Nick and AJ." I say, getting up from my spot, putting my book on the small end table by the chair. Howie nods and says that he'll get the other three, then exits the room. I look around the house trying to find AJ and Nick; I walk in the kitchen. Nick's sitting at the table with Brian; they're drinking either hot chocolate or tea, I can't decide which. If they're drinking tea, it better not be mine. What?! I am picky about the types of tea that I drink, and my tea isn't exactly easy to find; it's normally sold out.

I walk over to them. "Howie and I were going to go outside and play in the snow, do you guys want to join us? It could be fun." I smile, hoping that they'll say yes. I know I was supposed to find only Nick and AJ, but whatever, Brian is here, I'm not going to just exclude him from the invite only to be invited when Howie finds him.

Nick nods a little, and Brian just looks up at me slightly, not saying anything. Is he okay?

"Sure," Brian says quietly. I look at Brian arching an eyebrow slightly.

"Are you okay, Brian?" I ask. Brian nods and goes back to drinking his drink. I can tell now that they're drinking hot chocolate. Thank God they didn't touch my tea!

"Okay?" I say, questioning Brian's behavior. "Well, we're going outside now, so join us when you can I guess..." I walk out of the kitchen. Did Nick say something to Brian that might have upset him? I swear if he did, I will have to beat him with a wet noodle; I mean, they just made up from the party thing. Okay, maybe not just made up from it, but still. They got in a fight too long ago and- Oh my God, Sabrina, quit rambling. 

I walk towards the front hallway, AJ, Kevin, and Howie are there getting their winter outerwear on. I walk over to the closet and put on my winter things. Brian and Nick join us a few minutes later.

I glance at Brian, trying to figure out what has him so upset; he looks at me out of the corner of his eye, then goes on pretending that I'm not even there. What the hell? Did I do something?

******

"Sabrina," Howie whispers. I look at him, we're hiding behind the snow fort that we had built. We're in the middle of a huge snowball fight.

"What?" I ask.

"We need a plan." He states.

I let out a small laugh, and turn to Brian. He's been standing  by the same tree doing nothing for the thirty minutes that we've been out here. I stop smiling. "I'll be right back," I say to Howie.

"Sabrina, no! if you go out there, even to check out Brian; AJ and Kevin will completely maul you." I laugh at Howie, then stop again. Wait, only AJ and Kevin? What happened to Nick? I look back over at Brian; Nick's by him now. 

"I'm going, it'll be for a second." I say, standing up.

"Get her!" I hear AJ yell. I let out a scream then run towards Nick and Brian. Kevin and AJ only hit me twice. When I reach them, Nick glances at me and smiles. I smile back, then look over at Brian. He was looking at me, but looked away as soon as I looked.

"You should go help Howie." I say, looking at Nick. Nick nods, then runs over to Howie. I turn my attention to Brian again. "Are you sure you're okay? You haven't joined in on any of the fun..."

Brian looks at me for a second, then kisses me. I stand there, not knowing what to do.

Nick's POV

I look over at Brian and Sabrina, checking on them; Brian has been acting really weird lately. I smile a little at them. Aw, that's cute, Brian and Sabrina are kissing. I look away, then look back. Wait, what? I feel my face heat up. That is not fucking okay. I stand up and start walking towards them.

"Shit, Nick, stop!" Howie yells after me. "Don't do something stupid."

When I reach Brian, I can see that he's doing all of the kissing, not Sabrina; but at this point, I don't care. I push Brian away from Sabrina, causing Sabrina to stumble backwards and Brian to fall in the snow. 

"What the fuck, Rok?!" I yell. Brian quickly stands up and looks at me. He's half-stunned, half pissed. The boys run over, Kevin stepping in the middle of us. I look over at Sabrina, making sure that she's okay, she's completely shocked, or at least by what I could tell. I look over at Brian. "Stay the fuck away from my girl." I growl, putting emphasis on 'my girl'. I walk over to Sabrina and take her hand, dragging her inside. I am done with Brian's bullshit, he knows that Sabrina is mine, not his.