Chapter 28

Sabrina's POV

There was a knock on my door, causing Nick and I to pull away. I looked over at my door, the door knob was already being turned. I automatically knew who it was; my mom. She always knocks, then just invites herself in.

"Hey, Sabrina," My mom smiles, stepping in my room. She glances at Nick and gives him a small smile. "Leighanne is downstairs." I nod a little and get up from my spot, then go downstairs. Nick is trailing behind me.

When I make it to the bottom of the stairs. I make my way towards the living room, I stop at the entrance. I see Leighanne and Brian talking, well, actually it's mainly Brian doing the talking. She laughs a little at something he said; I stay in my spot, watching them. Normally, Leigh would say, and do more than just laugh a little.

I feel somebody's arms snake around my chest; I can already tell that it's Nick. "Is eavesdropping your favorite thing to do?" He asks, chuckling softly. I nod a little; it actually is one of my favorite things to do.

"I think we should set them up," I say. "They'd be really cute together."

"I think Brian is already trying to work on that," Nick states. I look over my shoulder at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

"Earlier he was asking about Leighanne. Anyways, what is she doing back? Just wondering."

"She's staying the night; it's not a school night and I haven't had any of my friends over in a while."

"I'm surprised Ian is allowing it," Nick states. "I heard the way you talked to him earlier."

I roll my eyes playfully; he smiles and peck my lips. I go back to watching Brian and Leighanne. Yes, Sabrina, because this doesn't seem creepy at all. "We should probably go in the living room now."

Nick nods. "Yeah, probably." Nick releases me and we walk in the living room. Leighanne smiles when she sees me; Brian and Nick give each other a small, but very fake smile. They can't seriously still be mad at each other. Nick sits on the couch, and Brian takes a seat on the chair by the window. I sit by Nick and Leighanne sits on the other side of me.

"We should watch a movie," I state after a few moments of silence. Everybody looks at me.

"What movie?" Brian asks.

I walk over to the movies and pick out a horror movie. Leighanne and I both aren't exactly fans of horror movies, I for one, know that I will regret this. I put it in, when it gets to the title page, I turn around. Leighanne is glaring at me and Nick is giving me a weird look.

"Bri, move to the couch." I say. "Please?" Brian nods and moves to the couch sitting on the opposite side of Nick. I roll my eyes slightly. I walk over to Leighanne and make her sit by Brian, she gives me a weird look. I shrug and go turn off the lights. I press play and sit by Nick.

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I slide it out and look at the new text; it was from Leighanne. I skim the message, not exactly caring what it says at the moment, then put it back in my pocket.