Chapter 10

AJ's POV

I looked at the clock, it was almost two-fifty; I better go and pick up Sabrina from school. I looked over at Nick, he was sitting on the couch. All of his attention was directed to his phone. He's been like that for three hours; it kind of makes me curious as to what he's doing. I mentally shrugged. Knowing Nick, he's probably playing games or something.

"Hey, Nick?" I asked. He looked up at me. "I'm going to pick up Sabrina, do you want to come with?"

"Actually, can I get her instead?" Nick asked, looking at me with a pleading look. I raised an eyebrow.

"Nick," I sighed. "If this is because you want her to like you, and fall for you, or whatever, then no. I am not going to watch you hurt somebody who has actually became one of my good friends."

"It's not because of that. Sabrina and I kind of fought last night, I mean, I apologized, but I still feel bad." Nick stated sincerely.

I nodded. "Alright, the keys are hanging up in the closet. You might want to leave now though, it's already two-fifty-one." Nick nodded and got up from the couch. A part of me was telling me that I shouldn't let him go get her, but another part of me was trying to convince me that it was okay.

Nick's POV

On my way to the school, I started planning on how I was going to step up my game; I know I've only know Sabrina for a little bit, but I wanted to be able to make her give in by Christmas. I mean, I've already reached the point to where we almost kissed, so I'm already halfway there. I mean, it seemed like she wanted to kiss me back, but didn't want to risk one of the wrong people walking in and seeing it, such as Ian, or her mom.

I waited in the parking lot, I watched the clock on my phone very carefully. It was just turning three; I looked over at the school. The same ocean of students flooded out of the double doors. I searched for Sabrina, but couldn't find her. I saw a girl that looked similar to her, but she was wearing glassed. Sabrina doesn't own glasses, does she?

The girl walked over to the car and got in, she looked over at me. "Hey, Nick."

"Sabrina?" I asked. "You have glasses?"

She nodded. "Sadly, I had to wear them today, because my eyes were starting to ache and everything. It's normal for people who wear contacts nearly 24/7 with the exception of taking them out for sleep."

I nodded.

"I know, I know. I look terrible in them." She stated. "That's why I normally don't wear them. I tried convincing myself this morning that I didn't look that bad in them." She looked down at her lap.

"You look beautiful, Sabrina." I smiled a little. "I'm just not used to seeing you wear them. They look great, though; you should wear them more often."

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah," I smiled. She looked up at me and smiled.

Sabrina's POV

I felt myself starting to lean in; his bright blue eyes were truly mesmerizing. Nick leaned in slowly, as it he was unsure that he should, eventually our lips touched. The kiss was gently, but it was a kiss that would more than likely have you begging for more. I know it certainly had that effect on me.

We pulled away after a few moments; I looked up at him and he looked down at me. He smiled wide. I smiled back, but it slowly faded.

"This can't happen." I spoke, sitting back in my seat. He looked over at me, his smile being replaced by a frown and a confused expression. "Ian, if he found out-"

"He won't." Nick reassured, cutting me off.

"Nick, it's too risky. I don't want you to end up losing your job." I stated simply. He looked over at me as if he was going to say something, but he didn't, he just simply nodded then started the car.