Chapter 7

Nick's POV

The guys went off somewhere, leaving Sabrina and I at the house. We just got back from McDonald's ten minutes ago, Sabrina was upstairs in her room writing an essay. Apparently, her English teacher assigned them homework to do over Christmas break.

I walked upstairs and knocked on Sabrina's door. She opened the door and looked at me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Um, a little bored... Can I hang out with you?" I asked.

She shrugged and nodded a little. "Sure."

I smiled a little and walked in; she walked back over to her desk and started typing on her computer. I closed the door and walked over to her bed and sat down. After a few minutes, she turned around to face me.

"So, what should we do?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe we could bake some cookies?"

She nooded a little. "Sure."

We went downstairs and started making cookie dough. Half way through making the cookie dough, I looked up at Sabrina. "Hey, Rina..." She turned to face me.

"Yes?" She asked. I smirked slightly, she raised an eyebrow and gave me a weird look. "You're weird, Carter."

"I know," I shrugged and flicked some flour at her. She gasped and looked at me with wide eyes. I laughed a little.

"Nickolas," She glared playfully at me and grabbed a handful of flour and threw it at me. She smirked and put one of her hands on her hip. I grabbed an egg and walked over to her. Her eyes widened. "You wouldn't."

I smirked and cracked the egg over her head. "Oh, but I would."

"Nick!" She shrieked. I looked at her, she glared at me. "Okay, game on." She slipped out from her place and grabbed the milk jug and poured it over me. I flipped my hair out of my face, causing some of the milk to fling from my hair to her.

"Okay, alright." I grabbed the chocolate syrup from the fridge and poured it all over her.

***

Sabrina walked over to the jar of unopened cherries, and grabbed one. She walked back over to me and put it on my head. I gave her a weird look.

"What?" She asked. "You have to have a cherry to top it all off!" I laughed a little and looked down at her; she looked up at me. I found myself starting to lean in. She put her hand on my chest, stopping me.

"We should clean the kitchen." She whispered.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, pulling away. "You're right."