Chapter 29

Leighanne's POV

I look away from the screen. I can't believe she picked a horror movie. Why would she pick it out anyway? She hates horror movies. What is she up to? I look over at Sabrina, her eyes are on her phone; she's not even paying attention to the movie. I look up at Brian, his eyes are glued to the TV screen. I don't understand how people can watch movies like this.

I look down at my lap, I hear a girl from the movie scream. I look up at the TV screen in curiosity. I watch the movie, I try looking away, but I can't. I can only find the will to look away when the serial killer pops on the screen with his murder weapon. Of course, I look back. I hate my curiosity.

I bite my lip and  attempt to look away. I feel somebody's arm snake around my waist. I look over at Brian, he looks down at me and smiles slightly. Is he trying to comfort me, or pull a move? Either way, it's not working, and not happening. I grab his arm and move it back to his side. He furrows his eyebrows at me; I look away and turn my head back to the TV.

Brian's POV

Leighanne moved my arm back to my side. Well then. I wasn't trying to comfort you anyways. I look back at the TV screen, at this point, the killer in the movie is violently killing one of the victims. I look back at Leighanne, she has her knees pulled up to her chest, and her face is buried in her hands. I look back at the TV, I already tried comforting her the last time I noticed she was scared. 

Sabrina's POV

I look over at Brian and Leighanne slightly. He had his arm around her, and she just pushed him away. What the hell, Leighanne? I look up at Nick, he looked down at me and smiled. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him, pecking my lips gently. Obviously he doesn't care if Ian were to walk in and us.

I lied my head on his shoulder. I look up at the TV screen, the movie was almost over. I only know this, because this was the first horror movie I ever saw; and that was enough to make me hate horror movies.

I look back over at Brian and Leighanne; Leighanne has her knees pulled up to her chest and her head is in her hands. Brian. Do something. Brian looks over at her, then looks back at the TV. Dude, what the hell? He looks back at her and sighs; pulling her on his lap. At first, she looks almost as if she was going to deny his comforting gesture; but, she ended up burying her head in his chest.

I smile a little; hopefully the rest of my plan for setting them up will go as smoothly as it is right now. She used to be exactly like Brian, maybe if they hang out enough, or date, he can help her go back to being the care-free, out-going, prankster she was before.