Chapter 12

Nick's POV

I rolled my eyes as Brian exited the room; I really wish that he'd keep to himself and mind his own business. I looked over at the clock, it was almost eight. I walked downstairs and walked in the kitchen to find Sabrina was there; she was eating an apple. How can she only eat fruits and vegetables? I know I certainly wouldn't last a day on that kind of diet.

"Hey Sabrina," I smiled. She looked up at me and returned the smile, but I could tell she was faking it. Did I do something? I walked over to the fridge and grabbed an orange; then I walked over to the table and sat down by Sabrina.

"So, I'm sorry about earlier." Sabrina apologized, looking down at a piece of paper. I shrugged.

"It's fine," I stated simply, not trying to think about it; mainly because thinking about that led to me thinking about mine and Brian's discussion earlier.

I looked over by the doorway, Brian walked in and passed me. Is he being serious? He grabbed a granola bar from one of the kitchen cabinets, then sat at the table across from Sabrina.

"What're you doing?" He asked, looking at Sabrina.

"Trying to study my lines." She stated simply. "We're going to be doing this play after Christmas break, but auditions are tomorrow night around seven-thirty. I am hoping to get the lead role."

Brian smiled at her, he was obviously impressed. "Nice," he stated. "Hey, maybe I can help you with your lines?"

Sabrina looked up at Brian and smiled gratefully. "I'd like that, that'd probably help a lot."

"So, what is the name of the play?" Brian asked curiosly, moving closer to her. I felt my blood pressure rising, and I could feel my face heating up. I narrowed my eyes at him; he obviously wasn't going to make 'the game' easy at all. Why does he care so much? Yeah, I know he said that she's like a little sister to him, but he doesn't pay this much attention to his own sisters. I mentally shrugged. Maybe it kind of goes along with the category of two best friends that are super close and say they're 'sisters', but they really aren't... and they don't treat each other like real siblings do? I tried shaking off my thoughts. I am over thinking this, besides, why should I care whether Brian actually fancies her or not? I can tell that she looks up at him in a big brother type of way.

Brian looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and smirked slightly. I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen, leaving Brian and Sabrina alone to study the lines. I walked in the living room and sat by Howie, he was watching Mama.

"Hey, Howie?" I asked. Howie looked over at me.

"Yeah?" He asked, pausing the movie and directing his attention towards me.

"Do you think that any woman with self-respect would date me?" I asked, thinking about mine and Brian's conversation earlier.

"If this is about Sabrina and your little plan..." Howie trailed off.

"Just please answer it." I pleaded.

"Honestly, no." Howie stated honestly. "I don't think that they would unless you show them that you aren't the guy in the magazines that is caught with a different girl nearly every night. But, that'd be a little hard to do, considering that you are exactly like the guy in the magazines."

I nodded a little, he was right; but I am still going to try this whole thing with Sabrina. I mean, she doesn't seem that interested in dating me, or at least that's the impression she gives everyone else, but what happened in the car earlier tells me different.

***

I walked upstairs and walked over to Sabrina's door. I was going to talk to her, and actually start what everybody around herr is calling the game, but I stopped when I heard voices; it was Brian and Sabrina.

"Just don't, Sabrina." Brian pleaded.

"I have to do something about it." Sabrina stated.

"But," Brian paused and took a deep breath. "But if you don't-"

"If I don't then I will be hurt in the end of all of this." Sabrina cut him off. In the end of all of what?

I heard Brian sigh. "Either way one, or both of you will be hurting in the end. All you have to do is simply not give in." Give in? Give in to what exactly? Did Brian tell her? Did she find out on her own? I took in a deep breath. It's probably nothing.

"Fine," Sabrina sighed, her voice was filled with defeat. She was letting him win.

"I'll be in my room, if you need me." Brian stated. I walked to the top of the stairs and acted like I was just coming up. Brian walked out of the room and looked at me, glancing only for a second before walking away. Something was up, and I was going to figure out exactly what it was.

A/N: Sorry, I know that this chapter kind of sucked. I guess this is what you could call a 'filler', I don't know... I promise that there will be more drama and such in the up coming chapters, so they will get better. :)

xxx