~•9•~

I was on the red silk sheets, laughing with Colin as he told me stories from his childhood, and as much as I loved the tales, I loved the way his eyes lit up more.

"Okay, so you're telling me, that the first time you road a bike... you got hit by a car and had to pretend to be hurt when actually you were fine." I laughed as he laughed too, feeling better than I did in a long time.

"I did such a good job, the doctor panicked because he couldn't figure out what was wrong with me." Colin laughed and I followed along with him.

I shook my head. "Pfft."

He gave me a pointed look. "Are you saying you didn't have any near-secret out experiences as a kid!?"

I shook my head. "No, I once fell off a fifty foot bluff as a kid and had to pretend I was in a lot of pain." I laughed. "Everyone was so proud of the doctor who "saved" me."

Miracle my ass. I'm a Supernatural.

"What about your sister?" I asked, remembering him saying that he had one.

He bit his lip, smirking. "Yeah she's a handful. She's 8, but she's adorable. She looks like my mom and I just know she's going to be a heartbreaker." He takes his phone out of his back pocket and shows me his lock screen, a picture of him and a small little girl that looked like him.

"Awe, she's adorable." I said, and he shut his phone off, putting it back into his pocket.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah she's pretty adorable. Unless she's mad. Then dad, mom, and I run for the hills." He chuckled and I grinned.

The moment was interrupted with my phone ringing. I gulped as the chorus of I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin began playing on my phone as it vibrated against the mahogany nightstand next to Colin's California King size bed.

"Who's that?" He asked, the phone faced down.

But I always knew who's ringtone that was, despite not being able to see the caller ID. It was only his. I reached over and closed my eyes, as I answered the phone, licking my lips. "Hey Uncle Kasparov." I breathed out.

Dallas betrayed me, didn't he?

He was silent, and the silence scared me. When the Dawns were silent, something was wrong. When the Dawn's became night, it was scarier than when the sun was shining on our name. And right now, the moon was out.

"Where are you?" He seethed.

I had no answer. "Picking up lunch, why?" I asked, feeling more confident with my answer. It was getting too easy to lie to my family. I didn't like it, but at the same time I felt some sort of amusement in it.

This is for stabbing my thigh two years ago, Uncle Kasp. And no, I don't care that it was an accident. I thought to myself.

"Kora told me you went to see a guy, why are you lying to me Everly?" He asked, his voice low and threatening.

I didn't have an answer to that question that I wanted to give either... "Because I know how you Dawn men are." I try to giggle, but the sound was foreign on my tongue.

He scoffs, noticing it too. "Where were you yesterday?" He asks, knowing something.

"On a date." I sigh heavily, deciding to give him partial proof because apparently lying to a guy who's 544 years old is a ridiculous idea.

He hums. "Oh... was that guy worth the bite now on Zachariah's LEG!?" He yelled into the phone.

Why was he calling me instead of my father? "Where's my dad?" I asked.