~•14•~

WE HAVE A NEW COVER!!! Abyss-of-Crazy MADE IT AND ISN'T IT JUST LOVELY!!??? Anyways, carry on.

????
"JUST LISTEN TO ME!" The man screamed in his ear. "I just need you to do this one thing for me son."

The son shook his head, his eyes as dark as the shadows bending to him. "I can't. I can't do that. Not to her."

"Please." The man scoffed, his voice muffled from the barrier of life and death between them. "You don't actually care about her."

The portal flowed in a circle the size of a small nightstand on the wall. The electricity of it lighting the dark room in an eerie blue. The gray souls of the damned were traveling with it, moaning and groaning.

But the son could still hear his father on the other end. Sadly.

"I'm supposed to protect her. She's mine. She's a part of me, I can't just give her to you!" The son yelled.

The dad growled out in annoyance. "It's either her, or you kill your brother yourself."

The son stayed silent for a moment as he thought. He couldn't take down his brother. His brother was too powerful, everyone knew that. "Neither." He said sternly.

"It is not wise to be foolish, boy." The Dad said, and the son could imagine his dad glaring. It had been a good, freeing time, without his dad's glares.

"What correlation do my brother and her have anyways!? Plus we all know you want the honor of killing him." The son snarled, his teeth bared. He did not want to bring the girl in. She was too special to him.

"Because, if you have enough underage blood, you can make someone invincible with Leslie's help, and if used on the dead, they can awaken. Of course, if you used the blade I gave you, you could absorb your brother's power and we could skip this altogether so pick one. Give me the girl, or kill your brother." His father cackled out a laugh that chilled his son's bones.

The son nodded slowly. "I'll bring her to you."

His brother could end him in a second. The son knew the true powers of his brother, along with the side that his brother never brought out. And if for some reason he did start beating his brother in a battle, his brother could easily go Atrax. And he did not want to face his brother in Atrax mode.

So, handing his father the girl would be the next best thing, no matter how much he cared about her.

EVERLY
I didn't like garlic, and as cliche as I found it, neither did Colin. Something else we had in common? Both of our little siblings were missing.

He pushed his slice of garlic bread away from him, his parents not at the dinner table. I showed up to an empty house, a quiet house. They had been busy all day fixing the door and then they tried to make dinner and suddenly... suddenly Sophia wasn't there.

It was just him. Colin's parents were out looking for her, somewhere out of the state probably. They could be in Florida by now for all I knew.

Colin wiped his eyes, sighing heavily. "Maybe if I had paid more attention. Or went looking for Konrad. Talked to my dad. Did something... anything... different. She'd still be here." He ran his hands through his hair continually, tears running down his face. Everyone strong was breaking down during these times. Everyone seems to have lost something already, and Konrad hasn't even awoken yet.