~•51•~

"No!" I wailed, running so fast my feet slid in the snow and I tripped to land at Constance's side. She was still warm.

Tears were pouring down Dallas's face, freezing on their way to the ground. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." He was repeating it like a mantra, over and over.

His voice grew quieter and quieter, but I don't think it was because he was talking lower. Everything around me was becoming silent.

Constance's body shuddered as life left her. Her mouth was gaped open, her palm on her throat. She picked up her bloody hand and put it in my hair. She went limp, her red fingers trailing down my face to eventually fall into the whiteness below us. There was no fear in her expression, no anger. Just... sadness.

An angry howl ripped through the air, firing up something in my bones.

With a tight stomach, I looked death in his eyes and took the dagger from Constance's side, gripping it. Death was getting a lot more than Constance's soul tonight.

"I am God." Konrad rolled his shoulder back, popping his neck. "Bow down, before I make you."

"Don't listen to anything he says!"

Only three of us charged to him.

Becker, who was human, who's skin was freezing and eyelashes were stuck together from tears.

Arlis, who's Wolf was black and deranged, a Rogue. But oh that wolf knew what it wanted between his teeth. It was defiant, deadly. Arlis managed to somewhat make his Beast side listen to him. 

And me. The girl who was never supposed to be here. I held my cousin's dagger, her blood on my face, and her name on my tongue.

When Konrad died, whoever it may be to kill him, he would see the same fire in their eyes the other 2 held.

Ralph stared at the dagger in his hands. I watched as Anaforo appeared and set a hand on his shoulder. Together, they focused on Becker.

Becker fell, dropping back.

It was me and Arlis now. Just us.

Arlis was faster, which was probably for the best. He attacked first, his yellow teeth snarling as he nipped the air in front of Konrad as Konrad pulled back.

I sliced with the dagger, sliding on my knees. I cut the back of Konrad's leg. I thought I had done something great, something to help, but no blood sprouted from his wound. He couldn't even be touched by this dagger.

"My turn." He growled. His mouth was shut as he put his hand up, facing his palm towards me.

The dirt opened up beneath me, trapping. I tried to claw my way out of it but I just kept sinking.

It was up to my knees, and then waist faster than I thought it could go.

"You can't fight magic, without magic." He laughed.

Above us, storm clouds rolled in, thunder howled across the sky, lightning snapped against the ground in short bursts, melting the snow and sizzling.

The dirt was up to my stomach now. "I killed your wife!" I screamed. "She died so she could raise me!"

Konrad faltered for a minute before the dirt started sucking me in faster. He knew I was telling the truth.

Someone grabbed my arm And tried to pull me up. Colin. "I got you." I felt the burning sensation as he held on, the action stretching my skin, he was holding and pulling so tightly.

"No you don't." Konrad was full of pride and ecstasy as he waved his hand. "Occidere eum."

Colin smacked the side of his head as he let go of me. He fell onto the ground and screamed into the snow.