~•43•~

CLAY
Becker was in a cell, cuffs on his wrists. Clay was facing the same fate. His son, however, was still laying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood. He wasn't dead. The only person he had to talk to was Arlis.

On the floor above Clay, Konrad was giving a speech. To all the Hunters. Some of the Hunters were there out of fear. Half were there out of Konrad being the hierarchy. Some because the Hunters always followed the highest in rank. Considering that most of the Supernatural Court was dead or under Konrad's command. The fae Queen was dead, the necromancer King was under his control, he controlled the witches. The Hunters. The Werewolves. The Vampires. The only species who didn't bow down to him were the mermaids and... well Konrad didn't need underwater vixens..

Clay moved his chains around viciously. "How did you get down here, Arlis?"

Arlis scoffed and didn't answer his question.

"I tried to have my wife turn yours human. Never got around to it." Clay admitted. "An idea that blew away."

Arlis, again, scoffed. However, this time he actually answered. "You wouldn't of gotten close to her."

Clay was sure Arlis had probably said those same words to Konrad. Clay leaned against the bars in his cell, thinking about how the hell he got into this position.

Most of it was wanting to be better than Becker, his half brother. Most of it was wanting praise and... for his father to care. Some was wanting his family protected.

He looked at his son, who didn't look very protected. It was his fault. Clay couldn't protect anyone. He watched as Colin stirred awake, sitting up slowly. His breathing was deep, hoarse.

"Colin?" Clay asked.

Colin looked at Clay and then around the room. He looked down at his hands. "I'm going to kill him." Colin shot up from the ground and then wobbled, falling into cell bars.

Clay rolled his eyes. "Son, we have another option."

Colin glared at him. "You didn't do anything!"

Clay bowed his head. "I know. I know."

Colin stood straight, taking his breaths slower and lighter. "Why didn't he chain me down?" Colin whispered.

"He thinks you're going to go kill him probably." Clay admitted. He knew the moment he tried, his son would be just as dead as Everly Dawn. "In which you'll fail. Again."

"Daddy? Are you down here?" A small, petite voice, asked from the entrance.

"Sophia?" Colin asked, immediately his presence calming.

Sophia flickered on a light in her palm, magic flowing through her veins. "Why are you guys down here. It's dark." She giggled.

Clay frowned when he realized his son didn't smile smile. The situation would have made him smile a week ago, back when he was with Eve.

As if on the same thinking track, Colin whispered to his dad. "Why did Konrad make me believe Eve killed mom? The lie wasn't formulated or... anything. It was a quick lie."

Clay bit his lip. "I think Konrad only needed her for a quick minute. He thought that by the time you realized he had lied, he'd be done with her."