~•45•~

IF YOU'RE READING BOTH THATH AND TWATN AT THE SAME TIME!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ UP TO AND ALL OF CHAPTER 42 BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER! SPOILERS ARE IN THIS CHAPTER FOR TWATN! BE CAREFUL! I WARNED YOU! I'm looking at you dani_x_d

Song for chapter : Do You Think About Me by Dylan Scott

I didn't want to sleep. My mom and Constance, Sisca and Kas, they had all went to sleep. But I wanted to stay awake. I sat in a chair facing the front door, a kitchen knife in my hand.

Should someone come in, I'd be awake.

I finally understood my father, Dallas, and Uncle Kas as to why they would stay awake. If someone came in, I was their first obstacle and I was ready.

I narrowed my eyes, my gut wrenching. I was bored, to be perfectly honest. So far, nobody had come in. I looked around the dark house and huffed out a breath. I had to be quiet, since Constance was asleep on the couch. She wanted to stay out here with me and ended up asleep. I guess I was finally cool by her standards. And all I had to do was die.

Having a sense of closure with both my Uncle and my dad was something that I didn't know I wanted. But now that I had it... I felt more hurt by their deaths. It was more real now.

I looked at Constance, sighing. I wished she'd wake up so her and I could go after Konrad. We talked about it, going and getting the drop on Konrad.

I'd unlock Arlis's cell somehow. Constance would get Becker. And then her and I and mom could be the Hunters. Five against one. The odds were in our favor.

But mom shot that idea down because neither Constance nor I had our daggers. Mine was with Konrad. Constance's... was with Konrad. Mom had hers but she didn't want to go after Konrad just yet.

I stood up and stretched. Not for the first time, I wondered what Colin was doing. By now Konrad has told him I was dead. I wonder if Colin smiled, I wondered if he was upset and then realized he had no reason to be. I wondered if he sat alone, crying.

I wonder if he wondered about me.

I felt like I was mirroring the beginning of my story. The story I started when I met Colin. Pretending to be dead to each other's families. I was pretending to still be dead to Konrad and all of the people over there.

I chuckled. "Because that went so well the first time." I muttered, wiping my eyes. I gathered my hair that had grown past what I ever wanted it to be and put it up in a ponytail. I looked at Constance one last time before grabbing a bag I had packed. A pair of clothes, my rose, and a kitchen knife were all inside. Should a sane person look inside, they'd be very confused. But what I saw in it was everything. Not the clothes, not the knife, but the rose.

That rose meant everything.

Some would call me stupid for leaving. I'd call my self stupid for leaving. But I couldn't stay there. In the place that I died. If I stayed there another second I was going to suffocate.

I had grabbed the car keys to mom's car and got inside her cute little black car. It wasn't like they were stranded here, they had Sisca and her car.

I also jacked mom's phone. Why? Because I had a phone call to make.

I sat down in the driver's seat and started the car up. I turned on the defrosters, waiting patiently for the window to defrost.

And while I did that, I made my call.

The phone rang and rang. And then rang some more. And finally, someone answered.

"Assistant to Pack General Electra, this is Win speaking. How can I help you?" Wow. The Sovereign pack must be going through some shit if the Assistant to pack general was answering the phone. I glance at the time, two in the morning. JANUARY FIRST. I flinched. How long was I dead?