~•13•~

"I'm so sick of people who think they can rule the world." Kora said, sitting at the kitchen table, poking at the leftover chicken tenders Becker got on his way home.

Becker nodded. "Me too Kora, that's why we'll stop him." Becker put his hand on Kora's and she pulled away, glaring at him.

"You don't know what it's like to have your child ripped out from under you." She glared, her eyes finding hatred for everyone in the room.

Who could blame her? Zali meant everything to her. That was her daughter, her prodigy, her continuation after Kora kicked the bucket.

Becker shook his head respectfully slow, understanding that she was in a lot of pain. He was like that, understanding. So different from all other supernaturals. "You're right, I don't. I don't know what's it's like. But I see how you are, and I know deep in my heart that I will do everything I can to get her, them, back. You just have to stay back from this and put it in my hands, there's nothing you can do now."

Kora slapped Becker so hard his head turned sharply, red blossomed on his face in the shape of a hand. Becker pulled his own hand to his cheek and his eyes welled with tears.

I took a threatening step forward but Uncle Kasp grabbed my shoulder, holding me back. I looked to him pleadingly and he shook his head slowly, his eyes downcast.

"STAY BACK!?" Kora screamed in his face, mocking him. Her blonde bob was shaking along with her head, the anger running through her body. "That is my CHILD!" Becker's face was sullen and sad, no hatred, just disappointment. "You can't even find Fiona and Moira. I bet you're not even trying."

He licked his lips. "Go get me a map." He ordered.

My father left the room quickly, setting his mug on the table. The room was heavy in silence until he came back, a world map in his hands.

"Knife." Kasp pulled his dagger out of his sheath and then thought better of it, it was Lotus poisoned.

"Take my knife. You can heal Lotus, can't you?" Kora didn't ask nicely, she was daring him to reject her offer.

Becker grabbed her dagger and sliced the tip of his finger, letting three drops of blood fall into a group on the map. His hand healed almost instantaneously, leaving a small white scar.

He held his hands up over the map, his palms down. He looked up and took a deep breath. He was nervous, shaking.

"Trahentium sanguinem; inveniet Zali." He repeated this three or four times, I had stopped counting, too entranced by the blood moving on the map.

Becker stopped his charade and looked down at the map. The blood drops moved around the map wildly, never stopping in one place. Suddenly, it flew off the table and hit Becker's face.

Becker nodded. "At least it didn't go in my mouth that time." He said, blinking. He turned to Kora, wiping his face. "These last few days have been the first times I've never been able to locate someone. I'm trying I really. Am."

She looked at the map with anger. "Use my blood." She said, sliding her dagger across her palm, letting a large amount of blood bleed into the map.

Becker rolled his eyes but did it anyways. This time, he tried a different spell.

"Audite me, veteres, ego impetu tu ut auxilium me invenio Zali." Becker leaned back and fell to his knees, screaming the words at the tops of his lungs as the blood shot in a tornado around the map.