~•25•~

It was nice being back in Colin's arms, I missed his warmth, despite the irony that Vampires were cold.

"So how was running with the wolves?" Colin asksed, smirking as I ran into his arms. He caught me with an "oof" as the air left his lungs.

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Terrible."

His eyes narrowed and darkened, but I saw the humor behind them. "How so? I know how to kill a werewolf so don't even—"

"Do you know how to kill Konrad? Because he's fully risen now. And Becker is working for him along with Constance so we really have no game plan. The Alpha there, Arlis Barron, is too caught up with his little mate to even do anything. But... Kasparov called me." I paused and decided whether or not to tell Colin about what exactly happened with the call.

I know I couldn't just disobey Kasparov, but I had to know if Colin would be mad or not if I wanted to search through his dad's things. I needed to know if he'd hate me for not trusting his dad.

After what happened with Colin's mom... it wouldn't surprise me if something was going on with Clay Gold.

"Well? What did he have to say?" Colin asked, looking at me with trusting eyes. Eyes that believed I'd never lie to him.

Would I? Would I lie to him for the sake of being able to carry out orders?

"Umm..." I scratched the back of my neck. Lying would be the best thing to do in this situation. "He wants me to search for information that Clay might be betraying him." But... I never made good decisions. What was the fun in that? Why settle for a Prius when you can afford a Mustang?

Colin hummed and wrapped his arm around me as we walked inside the house. "Two questions. One, why do you have scratches on you? And two, where do you want to start?"

I widened my eyes in shock, looking down my arms and noticing I still had a little bit of a scratches left behind from the attack.

"Becker attacked me. Sent a flock of birds to kill me basically. I'm just healing really slow for some reason." I admitted quietly.

Colin choked on air and shook his head at me, fangs protruding from his upper gums so that he couldn't close his mouth all the way. "I'll go after him. I don't care if he's deadly." He was angry, that much was obvious, but I didn't understand what he thought he could do. Becker was missing, deranged, and powerful.

He stunned himself as he realized his fangs were out. He winced for a moment and they slowly retracted back in, leaving two normal white teeth with holes in the bottom of them. I never noticed that before, the way vampire fangs worked. And as he smiled at me, they seemed regular, like how a human's would look. You'd only ever notice the hollowness of them if you were looking for it. And considering if you were that close to a vampire's mouth, I don't believe you'd be finding anything but death.

"I'm not mad at him. He's working under Konrad for a good reason, I can feel it." I shrugged and walked away, strolling to the stairs and hoping he would follow. His room was less creepy than the house. "Now what I do care about is how come I'm not healing quick."

"What kind of bird was it that attacked you?" Colin asked as we walked down the hallway and up stairs to his room.

This house still gave me the creeps. All the dark reds and golds, all the old walls and creaking floors.

He opened the door to his bedroom as I shrugged in question. "Crows? Maybe?" I wasn't sure, but I did remember seeing a crow sitting on Becker's shoulder.

Colin bit his fingernail as his eyes darted to my neck and then to my lips. He took a deep breath and then zipped over to his bed, and began making it, a distraction for whatever was plaguing him. "I know what happened." He stated.