chapter V

Taehyung was still holding her when she woke up.

"Tae." she said shaking him.

The boy woke up and smiled.

"Look at us, all cuddly!" he joked.

She quickly stood up, blushing.

"Are you hungry? I mean I can make breakfast... Well I can't cook, so we can go get something to eat." she said quickly, scratching the back of her head.

"Why are you acting weird?" he asked.

"I'm not acting weird." she said.

"Yes, you are."

"Okay! I'm hungry, let's go get something to eat!" she said getting her coat.

"Okay..." he said giving her a weird glance and standing up.

They walked to the same coffee shop she went with Jungkook that day.

"Do we really have to eat here?" she asked.

"Not really. Why?"

"Nothing. I just... Don't really like this place." she lied, thanking God that Tae didn't realize it was the same coffee shop.

He nodded and they went to an empty restaurant near downtown.

"This place is good." she said biting her donut. She felt like the waiters could hear her because the place was so silent.

"Yeah." he agreed.

They stayed quiet for several minutes, it started feeling weird.

"Those cigarettes and beer bottles, they are not mine. I don't drink. Or smoke. Those are my stepfather's"
he suddenly said while taking a sip of his coffee. "Everyone thinks I'm this guy who drinks and uses drugs. But, even though I have all the reasons to, I don't. No one knows that, so please don't tell anyone." he said.

"What do you mean you have all the reasons to?" she asked confused frowning at him.

"My mom killed herself when I was 13. My stepfather thinks he's better than me. He drinks and smokes since she died. I have no one, except my grandmother. And, well, now I have you I guess." he said.

She felt her eyes starting to tear up.
She wanted to say something, but nothing came out.

"W-What about your dad?"

"He's in jail." he said.

He seemed so calm. He didn't seem affected by the situation, Julie guessed he'd might gotten used to it. She looked down and felt a tear slide down her cheek.

"Are you crying?" he asked.

"What? No." she said wiping her tear.

"You're too soft." he joked.

"You just opened up about your hard childhood with me, okay? I have the right to be soft." she laughed.

"You're feeling bad for me, I hate when people feel bad for me." he said crossing hir arms.

"Why did you tell me that then?"

"Because I don't want you to think I'm the person everybody thinks I am." he explained on a low tone.

"Why do you care? I mean, that night you beat up Jungkook you said you "don't give a damn about me"." she said imitating his deep voice.

"I don't know. I just... I guess I trust you, maybe." he said confused.

She smiled and kept eating. They didn't say anything until they finished.

"I have to go to my grandma's house." he said checking the time on his phone as they walked out of the restaurant.

"I can take you to the bus terminal. It's not that far away from here." she said.

"But then you'll have to walk home alone." he said putting his hands on his pockets.

"It's 10 am, I guess I'll be fine." she joked.

They got to the bus station after 20 minutes of walking, Tae looked at the schedule and realized the next bus would be there in two hours.

"The next bus will be here in two hours. You can go home." he smirked.

"I can wait with you if you want."

"Go home, Julie." he smiled.

She nodded and looked at him. They kept staring at each other, knowing they were going to miss each other, even though it was only for a few days.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tight. She had to be on her tiptoes to reach his height. He hugged her back, wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer.

"I'll let you know when I come back." he said still hugging her.

"And when will that be exactly?" she asked.

"Before school starts." he started. "I promise." he said breaking the hug looking deep into her eyes.

She smirked and left the bus station feeling sad that he had left.

***