chapter XVIII

It was the next day and Julie was again left alone in the apartment so Taehyung could work. It was just another typical day. Except nothing was typical.

Every movement she would make, she would try to be the quietest she could. Every noise she heard she was already almost crying in fear. Every shadow she would come across with would give her goosebumps.

Everything was scaring her. She was terrified of breathing, blinking.

It was about 5 pm and her body was starting to feel more relieved knowing Taehyung would be home soon.

She stood in the balcony watching people cross the street, enter apartments, get out of apartments, driving their cars, walk their dogs. Just things she never thought she would miss. Ordinary things she isn't able to do now.

Taehyung finally gets home and starts looking for the girl, but without success, panic starts filling his body.

"Julie?! Julie!" he shouts.

Julie eventually hears the desperate screams from the boy and rushes out of the balcony and into the living room.

"Taehyung?" she calls.

"Julie!" he hugs the girl.

"What's happening?" she asks as he cups her cheeks with tears in his eyes.

"I couldn't find you, I thought he had taken you." he says in tears.

He then hugs her again as she runs her fingers through his hair.

"It's okay. I'm fine."

She kept comforting the boy.

But that, for Julie, was the final straw. She couldn't take any of this anymore.

***

She spent the whole next day planning everything. Packing her bags and then waiting.

Should I wait until he comes home?

He deserves an explanation.

She then started to write a letter as her bag waited beside her. She knew she wouldn't be able to talk to him in person. How was she gonna tell him she was leaving him? How was she supposed to tell the one love she has that's she's the one leaving now?

As she's about to sign the letter she hears the door behind her open. She freezes.

"Juls? What's happening?" he drops his backpack on the floor and walks towards her.

She gets her bag and walk towards the door, turning around to talk to him.

"I'm leaving." she says hesitantly.

"What?" he whispers.

"I can't live like this anymore. And I can't see you like this. I'm going to the police and telling them everything about Dongsun. And then I'm going back home." she explains, holding back her tears.

"You know this is gonna be the end of us, don't you?" he says with glassy eyes and a shaky voice.

"Yes." she answers, "But I have t-"

"Julie, please don't leave." a tear rolls down his face.

"Goodbye, Taehyung."

And with that, Julie leaves the apartment without looking back, because she knows that if she does, she will not be able do it.

***

a/n:: don't kill me *smiles nervously*

this is so short sorry, but there's only like two chapters left :)

ALSO I REACHED 6K READS AND 400 FOLLOWERS THANK YOU SO MUCH

xx
bea