chapter X

*Julie's POV*

It was already noon when I got a text from Jungkook.

"Come to V's house right now." - Jungkook.

I felt a chill down my spine as I read that text.

I rushed to Tae's place and saw Jungkook standing at the building's entrance.

"What is happening?" I asked walking in, Jungkook following behind me.

"He called me saying that you were never going to forgive him. He sounded weird, so I rushed here." he explained as we rushed up the stairs, "When I arrived, I found him like this." he said opening the door.

I looked at Taehyung, who was sitting on the couch with an almost empty bottle of whiskey in his hands.

"Tae?" I called getting closer to him and sitting on the couch.

His hair was messy and he looked trashy.

I quickly tried to snatch the bottle off of his hand.

"No." he said quickly taking a sip.

"Give me the bottle, Taehyung." I said firmly.

"Why?" he sounded really drunk.

"Because you don't drink." I tried to snatch the bottle off his hand again but he quickly responded and took another sip.

"Look..." he started, "My grandmother is dead and I'm struggling... A lot." he said in a drunk way.

"Drowning your feelings in alcohol is not the way to deal with it."

He looked down and closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry." he whispered softly.

"Jungkook." I stood up, "You can go now. Thank you." I walked him to the door.

"What if he tries to hurt you?"

"Tae would never hurt me." I said and he left giving me a weak smirk.

I sat next to Tae and placed one hand on his back.

"It hurts, Julie." he whispered still looking down. I saw a single tear fall down onto his leg.

"I know..." I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry-"

"Oh, you're sorry? Like everybody else?" he said on a high angry tone, standing up, "Everyone is fucking sorry, but that isn't going to bring her back!!" he yelled throwing the bottle of whiskey against the wall.

He started crying and breaking random things across the apartment.

"Tae! Taehyung!!" I kept yelling and trying to stop him. Until I finally got a grip on his shoulders, stopping him, "Stop!!" I looked at him placing one hand on his cheek but he kept looking down.

He broke down and fell on his knees, crying.

"I have no one anymore, Julie." he said, breaking my heart.

"You still have me." I whispered softly as I wrapped my arms around him, placing my chin slightly on his head and caressing the back of his head.

"But I messed everything up-" he started.

"You still have me." I cut him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and kept crying on my shoulder.

***

"Do you mind staying here for the night?" he asked after a while breaking the hug.

"Why?" I asked puzzled.