chapter XIV

"I'll run away with you." she looked up into my eyes.

"Julie, I don't think you understood me. If we stay together he will keep trying to hurt you." I backed away.

"He won't find us." she walked towards me.

"No, Julie. Y-You are supposed to have the perfect life. I can't be the one to drive you into this mess that is my life."

"Perfect life? Are you joking? I lost my parents, my best friend, my aunt and now the boy I love is telling me he's leaving me too. What is perfect about that?" she starts crying.

"Julie..." I walked over to her and wiped away her tears.

"Look, I'll get the money my parents left me, we'll rent a small apartment, we'll find a job and everything will be fine." she cupped my cheeks.

"We'll live afraid and scared he might find you-" I said brushing strands of hair off her face.

"Let's just do it, Taehyung." she slid her hands down to my chest.

"Are you sure about this?" I cupped her cheeks stroking it with my thumb.

"No... But let's go before anyone finds out." she let go of me and went upstairs.

After a half hour of packing her things into a backpack and a bag and getting all the money from her parents vault, Julie came downstairs where I was waiting for her.

"Did you lock all the windows?" she asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Let's go."

Like this, we both left the house. We got into her aunt's car (which wasn't the car of the accident) and drove off.

"Where are we heading?" she asked as we left the driveway.

"My building. I have to get my stuff. Then we'll head to our actual destination."

We got to my building and I went to the alley next to it to get my stuff that I hid inside a box to protect it from the rain. Fortunately, everything was dry and safe, just like I left it.

"Now where?" she asked as I got in the car.

"I'll guide you." I said.

I knew exactly where we were going. To my mom's old apartment. I hadn't been there since she died. We used to live there before my dad went to prison, then she married Dongsun and we moved to his place, but she never sold the apartment for fear of getting a divorce. Before she killed herself she told I could have it when I got older, but I never had the guts to go there since she died. But now was the time. Now was a need.

"Where exactly are we going?" she asked.

"Downtown. I have an apartment there."

After a few minutes of driving we reached the building. Old memories came but Julie soon snapped me out of my thoughts by knocking on my window.

"Let's go." she said and I got out of the car.

She got her things from the backseat of the car and we both went in. I had the key with me, it had been on my secret box all along.

"What's is this place?" she asked getting in.

The place was half furnished, but had the essentials. A kitchen, dining table, couch, TV, a bathroom, two rooms and a little porch.

"It was my apartment when I lived with my mom and my actual dad. I know it's small, but we didn't have much money at the time, so..." I start.

"It's perfect." she smiled at me wrapping her arms around my waist.