chapter XVI

"You're up early." Taehyung smiles at Julie as he cleans the mug he just used.

"You too." she rubs her eyes and says, sleepily walking in the kitchen, "What are you doing up so early?" she wraps her arms around his waist, resting her head on his back since she couldn't reach his height.

"I thought I should wake up earlier so that I can get ready for work in my own time." he turns around and rests his chin on the top of Julie's head, "You?" he asks as they walk over to the couch.

"I just couldn't sleep tonight." she says sitting down.

"Another nightmare?" he asks and she nods, "Dongsun?" she nods again.

She looked down at her hands, a few moments later looking at him again.

"Isn't there anyway we can report him and stay together?" she furrows her eyebrows.

"No!" he says, "If we do this, they'll find out about everything about me and my family and I'll have to go to a orphanage, and-" he starts getting a little desperate.

"Hey, hey... I'm sorry for bringing that up, we won't d-" Julie's cut off by a hard knock on the door.

They give each other confused looks and Taehyung stands up, checking the magic eye before opening the door.

He widens his eyes, sending chills down Julie's spine.

It's Dongsun.

Is her only thought at that moment.

"J-Jungkook?" Taehyung asks quite loud for the boy on the other side to hear.

"Open the door, V. I know Julie's there." they can hear Jungkook's voice on the other side of the door.

"Open the damn door." his tone harsher now.

Taehyung opens the door and as soon as Jungkook hears the click he's already slamming the door open.

"Julie?" he asks looking around.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here? How did you find me?" Julie asks.

"I tracked your phone." he answers.

"How? You deactivated your phone." Taehyung walks over to Julie.

"She called me." Jungkook says.

"What? Did you?"

"I did." Julie looks down.

"Julie, why the hell are here?"

"Why I'm here?" Julie asks confused.

"Come on, Julie, let's go home." Jungkook says.

"No, I don't want to."

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows and looks at her and then Taehyung.

"How could you?" he asks Tae.

"Could what?"

"How could you do this? Was this your idea?" Jungkook asks Taehyung.

"I-" Taehyung starts.

"It was my idea." Julie cuts him.

Jungkook's expression turns from confusion to anger as his travel from Julie to Taehyung back and forth.

"Julie, I got to talk to V for a second." Jungkook says.

"What the- I'm not five! What is your problem?"

"How could you let her do this?" Jungkook shouts.

"What did you want me to do?" Taehyung shouts back.