chapter XIII

I ran inside the emergency room in tears, immediately a nurse showed up in front of me, stopping my steps.

"Can I help you, miss?" she asked, a desperate look on her face.

"S-Someone called, my aunt, Kim Hyejin, s-she was in an accident." I stuttered as the woman held me by my shoulders.

"Okay, what's your name?" she asked, leading me to a desk.

"P-Park Julie."

After typing a few words on the computer she looked up at me with a sad face.

"I'm afraid she's in surgery right now. You can wait here." she said leading me to the waiting area.

I nod my head and sit down in shock.

"Is there anyone I can call?" she asks.

My heart skipped a beat. There was only one person.

***

"Juls!" I heard his voice and immediately shot my head up, "What happened?" he slowed his pace and sat down next to me, wrapping his arms around my small shaky frame.

"She was coming home after work with a friend and t-they got into an accident." I said holding tight onto his jacket.

"Everything will be fine." he mumbled planting a kiss on the top of my head.

***

A few hours later I opened my eyes, still on Taehyung's arms. I lifted my head to look up at him as he stared at me. He immediately looked away when our eyes met.

"Did you get any sleep?" I asked him.

He shook his head still not looking at me.

"How long has it been? Did the doctor give any updates?" I asked straightening my back.

"You should get more sleep. I'll wake you up if there's any updates." he said.

"I don't feel sleepy anymore."

Almost immediately after I finished my sentence, a doctor showed up walking towards us.

He took a sit in front of me and gave me a sad look.

"We did everything we could. I'm sorry." he said.

Before he could say anything else I ran away from that place as fast I could. As I reached the exit I realised it was pouring rain which made me hesitate and Taehyung reach me.

"Juls." he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his embrace.

"I'm tired of losing everyone." I mumble against his chest.

"You didn't lose m-"

"Shut up! Let me go!" I push myself off from his arms, "You left me! You left!" I shouted and ran away to my house.

***

*Taehyung's POV*

I stayed there standing in the rain for minutes, regreting everything bad I had ever done to Julie. She was the one I loved. And I broke her heart... Again.

A thunder snapped me back into reality and I shook off those thoughts from my head.

You need to help her, Taehyung. That's all that matters now.

I kept replaying those words in my mind as I ran to Julie's house. When I got there I saw the door half opened and the lights all on.

I walked in slowly and heard noises of breaking glass coming from what seemed like her room.

I ran up the stairs and straight to her room.

I saw both of the lamps next to her bed broken on the floor, her bedsheets all over her bed as she sat on it, holding her legs against her chest and crying.

"Juls..." I muttered.

"Why? Why do I have to lose everyone?" she looked up at me, her tone weak.

"You didn't lose-" I started.

"No." she cut me off, her tone now harsh.

"You didn't lose me." I walked over to her and sat down in front of her.

I cup one of her cheeks and she closes her eyes letting more tears fall down her already wet cheeks.

"You left me."

"It was a mistake. I will never leave you again." I said stroking her cheek with my thumb.

"Hold me, please." she said laying down.

The weak tone on her voice gave away how vulnerable she was.

I didn't say anything and just layed down next to her, pulling the covers and covering her small frame with it.

I could feel her back against my chest, she was shaking. I put one of my arms under her pillow and slid my other hand down her arm until it reached her hand, locking our fingers.

"You didn't lose me. I'll always be here for you." I whispered and planted a kiss on the nape of her neck.

She turned her body to face me and brushed strands of hair away from my face.

"But you left."

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again. We'll have to... Talk tomorrow." I said, a little unsure.

"About what?"

"Never mind. Let's just sleep now, okay?" I said and pecked her lips.

She turned back around and I wrapped my arm around her waist. It took me a while to fall asleep, but seeing her peacefully sleeping made my eyes feel heavy and eventually close them, falling asleep.

***

The next day I woke up and Julie was still sleeping soundly in my arms. I didn't want to wake her up to worry again, so I slid off the bed and started cleaning the mess she made the night before.

I cleaned the pieces of broken glass from the floor and turned all the lights off. Then I decided to cook her breakfast, but my knowledge in cooking is limited to cereal, so that's... Exactly what I made.

I prepared the two bowls of cereal and as soon as I was done serving them she came downstairs with her sleepy face.

"Good morning." I said smiling, trying to lighten her mood.

She gave me a small grin and sat down across from me.

"You made this?" she asked on a soft tone.

"Mhm." I answered stuffing my mouth with cereal.

"Thank you." she grinned again.

I nodded and we both kept eating in silence. But something was burning inside of me and I knew I had to tell her about what happened between me and Dongsun.

"Julie." I called her and she immediately looked up from her cereal bowl and straight to my eyes, "We need to talk."

"You're not leaving again, are you?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"Listen to me. I met Dongsun yesterday and he threatened to hurt you again if I don't break up with you. I was planning on running away when I got your call."

"You are leaving, aren't you?" she stood up.

"Julie, it's the only way he'll let you free." I stood up as well and walked towards her.

"No!"

"Julie, listen to me. I don't want him to hurt you anymore." I cupped her cheeks.

She brought her hands to mine as a tear slid down her cheek.

"I'll go with you." she gmumbled.

"What?!" I asked surprised.

"I'll run away with you."