Enie-Menie

Manik's POV:

"Cabir slow down..." I said but he didn't stop.. He thrusted the food down to his throat..

"What's wrong,Cabir?" Navya asked worriedly..

"What did uncle said to u?" Dhruv asked..

"Don't ask me that please.. We just... We just talked. I am hungry right now.. For a moment I thought I never going to see u again my precious food.." He said and I frown..

"Why u say that?" Nandini asked..

But Cabir ignored her and continue eating.. Something must had happened.. I looked at others and they all shrugged..

After that we ate quietly.. Party was almost over.. All of our parents were together since a very long time.. Why all the ladies were too excited about whatever they were talking..

I sensed trouble.. I signalled Nandini to meet me outside and I walked away..

"Manik? What's wrong? Why are u guys behaving so weired today?" Nandini asked worriedly..

"Nandini, everything is fine yet!" I reassured her caressing her cheek..

"Yet!" Nandini said and I wanted to hit my head somewhere.. Why did I said that word...

"Yeah.. I don't know.. I have this feeling like something is going to happen.." I said what's eating me..

"Manik, u only said everything is fine.. I am sure everything will be fine.. Just relax.." Nandini said taking my hands..

"I just don't know... Cabir was also acting weird.." I said...

"Maybe he didn't want to talk about it.. I am sure he will tell us what happened when he is ready..

I just hug her tightly and tried to relax.. I don't know why I was afraid about us..

" Relax!! I will see u to our pent house tomorrow.. Now let's go.. It's time for me to go.. " Nandini broke the hug and smiled at me..

"Can't we just go there tonight.. I don't want u to leave right now." I said making a puppy face..

"Don't give me that face.. I can't because Mom and will ask thousand questions.." Nandini looked at me sadly..

Yes, we both shared a pent house.. It was our little heaven.. We couldn't always roam outside together alone as it would raise suspicion.. We spent lot of our time together there..

The party ended and everyone bid us bye including Nandini.. Mom was very happy..of course it's her anniversary but she was smiling looking at me everytime.. It's creeping me out..

I couldn't sleep at night.. So I took my car keys and drive away towards my pent house..
I unlocked the door of the pent house.. But the lights are already on.. I didn't turn it on.

"U are late... As usual.." Said someone and I smile brightly.. There was Nandini sitting on a sofa and looking at me..

My face broke into a smile... I just walked towards her, Pulled her and hugged her...

"U said u couldn't come..then why are u here.." I asked and she broke the hug..

"I am not here for u.. I just could not sleep and missed my Enie-Menie.. So here I am.." She said and looked towards them..

"Seriously!! I will seriously throw them out of the window." I said angrily..

"I will throw u out too.." Nandini sang,moving towards them..

They were nothing but two little different kind of cactus.. She's just obsessed with them.. I even saw her talking with them .. She often ignore me for them

"Muskaan they are just two small plants

"Muskaan they are just two small plants.. See ur boyfriend is here with u.. U don't need to entertain them." I said and she glared at me..

"They are my babies.. Do not talk rubbish.."

"We will have twins soon, I swear." I said and her eyes widen..

"Ma..Manik!" Her cheeks become so red...

"There there.. My favourite color.." I said and pulled her cheeks..

"Don't worry.. I will talk to our parents about our marriage soon and I will fulfill my promise soon." I teased and she started beating me..

"U are so shameless.." She shouted..

"Ow..aah.. Muskan stop yar.. I was just pulling ur leg.." I was now running here and there..

"I am not gonna leave u today.." She said, chasing me..

After sometime she stopped and sat down,panting..

"U are very bad.. " she said taking deep breath..

"U don't say that when I kiss u.." Me too was taking deep breath..

"You..."

"Ok..ok stop.. Sorry.." I chuckled..

"Let's go.. We will see the stars.." I said and dragged her with me to our sloped roof balcony..

It was made of glass.. It even had sleeping arrangement in it.. We laid down and stared at the stars.. We talked a lot and slowly sleep overpowered us..

It was early morning when my sleep broke by a phone call.. Actually phone calls.. Our phone was ringing continuously.. We both received the calls...

"Manik! Where are u? Ur Murthy Uncle had a heart attack!"

🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵🌵

😁😁😁 Now vote and comment.. Share this story and follow me..

Love u all
Mitu🌷