CHAPTER ONE

The Mortal Cup

~

"I swear to god, Simon, if you don't stop tapping your fingers against the table-" I spoke up, turning to look at my twin brother, he stared back at me with a cheeky grin appearing onto his face.

"Yeah, and what will you do about it if I don't? " He teased, I glared at him and took a sip of my coffee before placing a sweet smile onto my face.

"I'll grab that hand and shove it where the sun doesn't shi-" I started before Simon put his hands up in the air and shook his head gently.

"Okay, I get it, Ari." He chuckled, placing his hands back down again. "Do you think Clary's going to get in?" He asked, fiddling with his jacket. Simon was talking about the Art school Clary was applying for, I knew she would get in, her artwork was beautiful.

"They would be stupid not to take her."
I spoke up, giving the boy a small smile "plus she's a redhead and her temper can get really bad, so let's hope she gets in."

"Her temper may be bad." Simon started, tapping his fingers against the table again, I groaned and placed my hand over his, pulling it away from the table. "But your not so perfect yourself, Miss I yelled at the teacher because she interrupted my conversation."

"It was a really intense conversation." I spoke up, it was true, the conversation, it was about food...who doesn't like food?

"I'm sure it was." Simon smirked, nudging me slightly, I laughed and nudged him back. We continued to do that to each other before I saw Clary walk through the doors, a sad look on her face.

"What happened?" I spoke up, making Clary sigh as she placed her art folder onto the table.

"Give me the professors' names and I will end them." Simon spoke looking at Clary with a serious expression, making Clary and I give him a weird look. "You know, with a scathing e-mail to the dean." He finished.

"Don't bother." Clary spoke as she sat down in front of us, throwing an envelope onto the table. Simon picked it up and opened it as I leaned over his shoulder to look. "Clary!" I whined turning to look at her. "Why didn't you just tell us you got in! Why act like you didn't?"

"What can I say." Clary spoke up as she looked at me "I'm an actress." I just rolled my eyes and laughed quietly.

"Sad face? Really?" Simon asked with a grin on his face, Clary just chuckled with her own smile blossoming onto her face. "Well played, well played." Simon spoke as he and Clary did their special fist bump.