CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Blood Calls to Blood

~

"Luke?" I croaked out, turning my head as a jolt of pain flowed through me, Luke was sitting on a white chair in front of me, as I was now laying on a bright red couch.

"You'll be okay." He smiled "They got the blood and we saved you, You're okay."

"Then why do I feel like I've been hit by a bus?" I questioned while I pressed my hand against my forehead and groaned, turning to stare at the ceiling.

"We're not miracle workers." Michael chuckled as he walked over from the table he was standing by and smiled at me. "Jace was worried sick, do you want me to go and get him for you?"

"Yeah." I smiled at him, Luke stood up and gave me a quick kiss on the head before leaving to speak to Clary or something, I didn't really listen, Michael left soon after to retrieve Jace for me, I mean the last thing I remember was calling Jace's name, because I wanted him with me.

My moment of weakness, I thought I was going to die and all I wanted was to have Jace by my side, holding my hand and whispering that everything would be okay, when in reality, I didn't even know if I would wake up again, that's the scary part. I thought my time was up, I was ready to greet death with open arms and accept the fact that I was dying.

But with a certain type of miracle, I'm here, alive and breathing. I'm not dead, hopefully I won't be dead for a while. I'm just glad it's over, because I haven't really given much thought to how I would die, yeah I told myself I would die protecting people. But when it's actually happening, it's scary.

A part of me was ready for death while the other part was screaming out to be saved, that little part was calling out for her mommy that she wanted to go home, even if she already was.

"Hey." I called out as I watched my blonde angel walk into the room before looking back up at the ceiling again, counting the cracks that were there, one by one.

"Hey." He replied, I turned to look at him again as he sat down on the white chair Luke was sitting on moments before, the green blanket was still lazily thrown over my body while I played with the edge of it, pulling at random threads that stuck out, I know I'm practically breaking the blanket. "You're looking much better."

"Yeah." I responded "fresh blood."
I pointed at my arm "remind me to thank the vamps next time I see them."

"Hmmm." Jace hummed as he leaned forward in the chair, gesturing for me to sit up, I groaned but obliged and sat up to face him. Pulling the blanket closer to me. "I thought I nearly lost you, Ari." He muttered "My father taught me to never get attached to anyone or anything, but I got attached to you." He took my hands into his "And nearly seeing you die, gasping for breath, it was killing me slowly, seeing someone I—" he stopped himself as he looked down at the floor.