CHAPTER TWELVE

Of Men and Angels

~

Simon and Clary had dragged Luke up to Magnus's apartment while Jace and I took the car to hide away somewhere, so nobody would see it.

I almost crashed a few times as Clary was yelling at me to drive faster, which only made me yell at her to stop talking and make sure that Luke was still breathing.

"Hey." Jace spoke as he walked over to me, placing his hand onto my cheek. I looked up at him and sighed. "It's going to be okay, Ari. Magnus knows what he's doing."

"I hope so." I smiled slightly, reaching up to take his hand away from my face and instead lacing our fingers together as we begun to walk towards the apartment, our intertwined hands swinging slightly in between us.

A few moments later Jace and I walked into Magnus's apartment, I coughed softly into the sleeve of my jacket, my throat and lungs still hurting slightly from today's events. "The bark will stop the transformation for now, but Luke needs an antidote to stop the poison in his system. And I don't have all the ingredients here." We heard Magnus say as we walked towards the room where the voice came from.

"Just tell me what you need and how to get it." Clary said, sounding scared and desperate.

"No, you stay here." Magnus responded "Luke will need you if he wakes up."

"When he wakes up." Clary corrected him, making me chuckle.

"I'll go." Simon spoke up.

"I'll go." Jace said from beside me as the both of us walked into the room everyone was crowded in.

"Jace. Ari, what happened to you?" Magnus asked as he walked towards us, gesturing to his bloodied noise and the cut on my head. I'll tell you now, never let a Shadowhunter without a drivers license persuade you to let them drive a car, it never works out.

"Jace persuaded me to let him drive and Lukes car may or may not have drove into a pole while he was hiding it." I spoke up, wiping the blood away from his nose using some tissue I grabbed from the table. "He may have the looks of an angel but his driving is the one of a devil, absolutely evil."

"I don't do mundane driving, okay." Jace chuckled while I walked over to the bin and chuckled the now blood stained tissue into it before walking back over to Jace. "what do you need for the antidote?" Jace asked, looking at Magnus.

"Hey." Simon cut in as he walked towards Jace and I "I've got this."

"Phoenix eyes, moon salt and Idris fulgurite." Magnus started to list off making me furrow my brows at what he was saying, where the hell would you get that stuff from.

"One trip to the pharmacy, it'll take two seconds." My brother said as he went to walk past us, but Jace pulled him back by the arm.

"I know a guy." Jace replied "And, uh, I don't need him." Jace gestured towards Simon making me roll my eyes. Can't they just get along?