CHAPTER SIX

Raising Hell

~

My eyes fluttered open, confusion ran through me as I looked around. This wasn't my room they gave me, plus the sound of someone hitting a punching bag definitely isn't something you would hear in my room.

"Jace?" I muttered, leaning up onto my elbows to see Jace, shirtless while hitting a punching bag, that was placed near to the bed. At the sound of my voice the blonde haired Shadowhunter looked over at me, a smile appearing onto his face.

"You're awake." He said, walking over to sit on the edge of the bed "how do you feel?"

"Horrible." I muttered, my whole body was still aching slightly from being attacked by Camille, but the good thing was is that I could move properly now. "But what do you expect, I was thrown into a wall by a vampire." I laughed before furrowing my brows "I never thought I would ever say that sentence in my life."

Jace smiled sadly "Well all the legends are true, so anything is possible now, sweetheart." He spoke as he reached over to take his stele from the side table.

He placed his hand onto the side of my neck and pushed my hair out of the way before leaning forward and running the stele over the rune on my neck.

Our faces were close, so close that I could feel his breath ticking my face slightly, I leaned closer, getting lost in his beautiful eyes. Jace placed his hand onto my cheek, pulling me closer, closing the gap in between us.

The kiss was slow, gentle even. Like I was fragile and he didn't want to break me, that thought only made me feel giddy inside, I was kissing Jace Wayland, the boy I've been crushing on since the first day I saw him.

He's also Clary's crush, now that thought alone made me feel guilty, if the redhead found out I was locking lips with him, she'd probably shout at me, giving me the 'I called dibs' and 'I saw him first, remember, girl code'

The kiss began to get more heated but I placed my hand onto his cheek, pulling away from him slowly, resting my forehead onto his. "Damn." I breathlessly giggled while Jace smiled and ran this thumb over my lip.

I smiled before moving away from him, laying back down onto the bed "What just happened?" I questioned, a real smile appearing onto my face, Jace smirked while leaning over to brush a piece of hair away from my face.

"I think it's called Kissing, Ari, i didn't think you hit your head that hard."

"Oh, ha ha." I laughed sarcastically, pushing him away from me, standing up from his bed and moving towards the window, looking out and smiling.

"Jace!" A familiar redhead shouted as she rushed into the room after opening the door, I turned to face her, but she was staring at Jace, her mouth agape as she stared at his body.